Would you not date someone because of their name?

First name, does name even matter?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, assuming I find myself dating again it will be a while before I date another Rebecca. My last girlfriend was named Rebecca. Coincidentally, the woman I dated before her (without a guy between them to act as a buffer) was named Rebecca.

All of my friends teased me about going out and finding another Rebecca just so I wouldn't have to learn a new name and worry about yelling the wrong name in bed.

If I dated a third Rebecca without throwing a Jessica or a Jodie or a Monica between them I'd never live it down.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I would not date an Edward, Samuel, or John. Those are my dad and brothers names and I cannot unsee their faces when I hear those names. Can't be making out with someone and then briefly see my dad or brother in my mind because they share the same name haha nope nope nope.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I don't get close to certain people for their name alone. It sounds so silly but I don't need to be reminded of horrible people.

1|0
    0|0
  • I could never date anyone with the same name as one of my relatives, aside from that I don't really care

0|0
    0|0
  • Relationships and love in general should never rely on looks or names or anything of the sort backgrounds religions relationships should be based upon true feelings for the other person

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol why is that even a question. its all about personality bro

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but if their name was something like "Delilah Shitbricks" then I would avoid using the last name just for fear of me being a sarcastic ass about it 🤣

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather date someone who's name I like of course, but the name is by no means a dealbreaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • Names are inconsequential, if you like the person and have shared values as well as differences, then someone's name doesn't matter

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, if in your language the name means something nasty, it might be a problem. But unlikely the problem you can't deal with.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would have typo be something crazy like "princess consuela banana hammock"

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I mean if her name is like Hitler or something like that then probably.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.. i wudnt date people who give cold vibes through their name

0|0
    0|0
  • Ehh, if you chose purely off name or not, that's kinda shallow.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date anyone called Adolf or after famous Nazi's

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date a Kristina, Lauren, amber or Rachael. Bad experiences with all 4 lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Naah, Thats a really too stupid reason to not date anyone

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it would be weird to date someone with the same name as me or a close sibling/parent

0|0
    0|0
  • No why would it?

0|0
    0|0
  • If they have an absurd name like Bitchasorous Rex

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t want to date someone with my moms name

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry but that's silly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would the name matter?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • never a peter, phile

0|0
    0|0
  • A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya would u date adolf hitler

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably like "Shaniqua" or "Rakeisha"... so yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah if her name is Tiffany that's a no-go for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never do it

0|0
    0|0
  • No names don't matter. Just my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • Can u tell me?

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if i can't pronounce it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Example?

0|0
    0|0
  • That's crap

0|0
    0|0
  • Some names are more attractive than others so if it’s a really bad name like an Arabic name yeah I would find them less attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • some people have bad experience associated with the name, it does happen to some.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes