Are you the type of person to talk to someone online for 3+weeks and then meet them or talk for a week and meet?

• Talk to them for 3+weeks then meet them
    Vote A
  • Talk to them for a week and meet
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ideally I preferred to meet ASAP as if you spend too long talking online you start to imagine the other person being a certain way and it can ruin the expectation when you do meet. All the guys I went on dates with I was talking to for a week or possibly 2 before meeting in person. The exception is my current boyfriend who it took a month before we could sort out a date/time we could both do ^_^

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Ideally you meet ASAP for a quick coffee or drink after work.

If you live some distance apart you might talk first longer. If you live in different cities you might talk months first.

0|0
    0|0
    • Would it come off desperate or too soon if you meet right away?

• No. Just be clear it’s not a big deal. Like you’re not meeting because you’re desperate. You’re meeting because you don’t want to spend time building an online relationship with someone you never met. It’s a quick date and you’re presumably seeing other people. If you get along and are attracted in person you can start thinking about more.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Like Jaidee said, it's better to meet in person sooner, so I aim for that but I'm still the type of person that ends up talking a long time so there's already a deeper connection when we meet. And some I just never meet bc of distance but I consider them some of my best friends so

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm the kind who wants to meet tomorrow or the day after, for a handful of reasons:
    #1. I'm not here to be used by a girl who only wants men to chat with her and then say bye
    #2. text conversations are bad. There can easily be misunderstandings. Also there are some kind of codes and expectations that are just unbearable.
    #3. Face to face conversation allows a lot more honesty and it also brings you closer to the reality of deciding if you see something happening or not. Photos can lie. Profiles can lie. Texts can lie. But face to face, I can see the difference between 120 lbs and 170 lbs, I can read facial expressions, hear the tones of voice and see spontaneity, enthusiasm, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • there's a load of people I've talked to for years and still never met

1|0
    0|0
    • me too and they're some of my best friends xD one places in the top 3, right behind the two friends I've known longer than him.

• I m a kind of person whom u can meet the second day too

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how well we get on and where I was meeting her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk to them and nevet meet.

0|0
    1|0
  • A week is not enough for anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • No meeting cause who wants to ruin the catfishing

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes