Are you the type of person to talk to someone online for 3+weeks and then meet them or talk for a week and meet?

• Talk to them for 3+weeks then meet them
  • Talk to them for a week and meet

19

Most Helpful Girl

• Ideally I preferred to meet ASAP as if you spend too long talking online you start to imagine the other person being a certain way and it can ruin the expectation when you do meet. All the guys I went on dates with I was talking to for a week or possibly 2 before meeting in person. The exception is my current boyfriend who it took a month before we could sort out a date/time we could both do ^_^

Most Helpful Guy

• Ideally you meet ASAP for a quick coffee or drink after work.

If you live some distance apart you might talk first longer. If you live in different cities you might talk months first.

• Would it come off desperate or too soon if you meet right away?

• No. Just be clear it’s not a big deal. Like you’re not meeting because you’re desperate. You’re meeting because you don’t want to spend time building an online relationship with someone you never met. It’s a quick date and you’re presumably seeing other people. If you get along and are attracted in person you can start thinking about more.