Would you date a Demi-sexual girl?

Is there anyone here that identify as Demi sexual or is it rare? This does not have to be the only thing you identify as , but it could be among other things.. I know we are all different but we also have commonalities !

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I know bisexuality (attraction to both but leaning more toward the opposite sex), pansexuality (preference for both sexes equally), heterosexuality, and homosexuality, but I'm not quite sure what demisexual is.

As long as I get along with a girl the only requirement for dating is that she has to have a sexual attraction to women, whether bisexual, pansexual, or lesbian, so if demisexual encompasses that I'd absolutely date her.

0|0
    0|0
    • Demi sexuals have sexual attraction , they just care about emotional connection too !

They can be bi str8 gay pan or whatever.. they are not asexual though ! They still like sex !

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't even know what that is.
    I know what bisexuality is, and pansexuality. I understand the difference and why they are confused for one another. But I don't even have the vaguest concept of what demisexuality is, and the few who have tried to explain it to me have basically described pansexuality.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's when you have no sexual attraction until you form an emotional/romantic connection with someone.

• Show All
    • No it has nothing to do with pansexual, bisexual heterosexual or gay !

Check out this link...
      http://wiki.asexuality.org/Demisexual

• (although personally I think pansexuality doesn't exist, it's just another word for bisexuality, because I believe there's only 2 genders)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It sounds quite ideal, although it kinda would put more pressure on making a good first impression, because they have no initial attraction that would make them want to get to know me better.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would say i tend towards the demi-sexual traits, however i do not see myself as a true demi-sexual. and to answer your question, definitely! if anything it would give me greater confidence in a relationship knowing that once i got the girl i wouldn't be at risk of losing her to some rich guy with a six pack

0|0
    0|0
  • I would but not if they described themselves as Demi sexual.

It's just common sense, I have to feel a connection to like someone. A decade ago that was just common sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's what I am, unless I have feelings for you I don't give a fuck about what you look like. You ain't the one, you ain't shit, keep it moving.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how long it takes for you to be attracted. I'm not waiting like 6 months hoping you'll develop whatever bond you need to be attracted.

0|0
    0|0
    • That’s a good point.. for me it can be a first sight or longer
      It’s just that emotional connection that matters ! but I don’t think it has anything to do with how long it takes to develop... everyone is different though !

• It would also depend on the sex drive of the person. I saw another commenter saying how the demisexual he dated has a low sex drive, and that just wouldn't work for me. Not sure if that's common among demisexuals or if that's just one anecdote, but still, that's an important factor

• I think this happens to lots of people. Why the need to label it... I don't get that. Tribalism I suppose

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't know what it meant, so I looked it up. And that would be ideal in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • Considering I have absolutely no idea what is that, I doubt it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope not staying around for 2 plus months with minimal affection

0|0
    0|0
  • Demi sexuality isn't even a real sexuality

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I'm straight

0|0
    0|0
  • im also demi-Sexual so yeah, sure i would

0|0
    0|0
  • To a certain degree

0|0
    0|0
  • thats when you have to have a deep emotional connection to feel sexually interested in a person right?

See, I've already dated someone similar to that, and their libido was always super low. we often went a month or 2 without sex.

never again. sex is too important to me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes