Is it wrong to rule out dating someone just because they aren't very attractive?

There's this guy in my class who finds me very attractive (it's very obvious that he does, he keeps staring at me and finds excuses to talk to me). We had our first proper conversation 2 weeks ago. I knew he was an intelligent guy but as I talked to him more and more that day I realized that I'm very attracted to his intelligence. He has so much knowledge about everything.

I asked him for his number that day and he seemed excited and visibly nervous when I did. He immediately gave it to me within a second. He then told me to WhatsApp him on this number and that he uses a separate number for calls lol.

He seems like a really sweet and nice guy. I've thought about him a lot since we talked to each other that day. I'm already in love with someone else but that guy is emotionally unavailable. I can't figure out what I'm feeling towards this new guy? Am I in denial about the fact that I am attracted to him?
Ok so he isn't ugly or anything but he's not hot either. He's just an average looking dude.

310

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't have to be physically attracted to him if you're "intellectually" attractive to him.
    You might miss out on an interesting relationship.

Basically, if you want to see him, see him.
    Give it a try.
    But it has to be because you want to. I find that a lot of girls have an ability to trick themselves into missing out on something good. Maybe guys do the same thing. I don't know.

Maybe you ARE in denial about being attracted to him. Maybe because your expected to go for the physically attractive guy.
    But that's why we have "dating". That's how you get to know him, and find out if you like him.

Be honest with the guy. Maybe let him know you're not sure if you're attracted. Maybe it could be a "friendship" kind of thing. That could still lead to something down the road. That's not totally fair to him though.

If you want to find out if you're attracted to him, get to know him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe its the contrast between the two relationships , one with the mind and the other body (and emotions). Personally I think it's a guys personality that makes him attractive. but maybe your not ready for a relationship yet. but definitly get on good terms with this new guy.