Is it wrong to rule out dating someone just because they aren't very attractive?

There's this guy in my class who finds me very attractive (it's very obvious that he does, he keeps staring at me and finds excuses to talk to me). We had our first proper conversation 2 weeks ago. I knew he was an intelligent guy but as I talked to him more and more that day I realized that I'm very attracted to his intelligence. He has so much knowledge about everything.

I asked him for his number that day and he seemed excited and visibly nervous when I did. He immediately gave it to me within a second. He then told me to WhatsApp him on this number and that he uses a separate number for calls lol.

He seems like a really sweet and nice guy. I've thought about him a lot since we talked to each other that day. I'm already in love with someone else but that guy is emotionally unavailable. I can't figure out what I'm feeling towards this new guy? Am I in denial about the fact that I am attracted to him?
Updates:
Ok so he isn't ugly or anything but he's not hot either. He's just an average looking dude.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't have to be physically attracted to him if you're "intellectually" attractive to him.
    You might miss out on an interesting relationship.

Basically, if you want to see him, see him.
    Give it a try.
    But it has to be because you want to. I find that a lot of girls have an ability to trick themselves into missing out on something good. Maybe guys do the same thing. I don't know.

Maybe you ARE in denial about being attracted to him. Maybe because your expected to go for the physically attractive guy.
    But that's why we have "dating". That's how you get to know him, and find out if you like him.

Be honest with the guy. Maybe let him know you're not sure if you're attracted. Maybe it could be a "friendship" kind of thing. That could still lead to something down the road. That's not totally fair to him though.

If you want to find out if you're attracted to him, get to know him.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe its the contrast between the two relationships , one with the mind and the other body (and emotions). Personally I think it's a guys personality that makes him attractive. but maybe your not ready for a relationship yet. but definitly get on good terms with this new guy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Why did you give him your number and all that if you're not at all interested? Go on one date with him. He's average to you in looks, but you do like everything else about him.

0|1
    0|0
    • I asked for his number so we could be friends.

• No. In fact I think it's a larger form of dishonesty to attempt a relationship with someone about whom you think that.
    However, I don't think there'd be anything wrong with having a casual night or two with that person, as long as you don't get his hopes up for a long-term relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not think you like this nice guy. But if it happens? Give him a chance.

0|0
    1|0
  • You sound like it could work out for you. Go on a date with him. That check if it makes feel like "Fuck yeah!" If it doesn't it won't get any better and there's nothing to regret.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it isn't. If you honestly don't find someone physically/sexually attractive, the relationship isn't going to last very long lol.

Do you find this guy unattractive?

0|0
    0|0
    • I mean he's not hot or anything. He's just an average looking dude.

• Show All
    • Thanks but I don't understand why I'm thinking about him so much?

• Well maybe you really do like him but for some reason you're trying to convince yourself that you don't.

• Is it wrong to rule out dating someone just because they aren't very attractive?

I do it all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well its shallow. But there are no rules in the game of love

0|0
    0|0
  • It's up to you if I was you I would tell him to whip it out and see what he's working with

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes bc the looks is just a bonus it’s what the person personality that counts

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
    • Did you read the details?

• It's not wrong, just short sighted and egoic.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes