Is this idea ok for a first date?

Long story short, this guy asked me out and he asked me what I wanted to do/where I wanted to go. So, at the time I told him to surprise me. Then, I got an idea. If I go to his place (I live in a dorm, so my place is not an option) and we either bake cookies or make dinner together, and watch a movie, would that be a good idea for a first date?

1746

Most Helpful Girl

• Cool idea, great to get to know eachother :) But! There's a big but here. How well do you know the guy? If you haven't met him before I would advice to meet him somewhere public, just for your own safety. And also for an escape plan: if he's not your type and you want the date to end you can't just leave his house that easily. With drinks somewhere public you can. Your idea is better for a second or third date I think ;)

Most Helpful Guy

• Not a first date, sorry. As good of a guy as he may be, he'll think just a touch less of you 🙁 Stand strong and ask him if he'll do lunch or coffee. If YOU like him after that, then sure, head to his place for the 2nd

• But I don’t want to have sex with him, I just think it’ll be fun to bake together and watch a movie or two. I’m kind of a shy person before really getting to know someone

• I hear ya, snuggling at home is the BEST! I don't want to talk you out of anything, but if you're asking ME, I've been that guy. If you really care about something longterm, you'll be happy you pulled on the 'slow' button. Bottom line, trust yourSELF. Deep down your body is telling you which way to go