Is this idea ok for a first date?

Long story short, this guy asked me out and he asked me what I wanted to do/where I wanted to go. So, at the time I told him to surprise me. Then, I got an idea. If I go to his place (I live in a dorm, so my place is not an option) and we either bake cookies or make dinner together, and watch a movie, would that be a good idea for a first date?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Cool idea, great to get to know eachother :) But! There's a big but here. How well do you know the guy? If you haven't met him before I would advice to meet him somewhere public, just for your own safety. And also for an escape plan: if he's not your type and you want the date to end you can't just leave his house that easily. With drinks somewhere public you can. Your idea is better for a second or third date I think ;)

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not a first date, sorry. As good of a guy as he may be, he'll think just a touch less of you 🙁 Stand strong and ask him if he'll do lunch or coffee. If YOU like him after that, then sure, head to his place for the 2nd

3|0
    0|0
    • But I don’t want to have sex with him, I just think it’ll be fun to bake together and watch a movie or two. I’m kind of a shy person before really getting to know someone

• I hear ya, snuggling at home is the BEST! I don't want to talk you out of anything, but if you're asking ME, I've been that guy. If you really care about something longterm, you'll be happy you pulled on the 'slow' button. Bottom line, trust yourSELF. Deep down your body is telling you which way to go

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It sounds like fun and might be a good idea if you are dating on a budget but for a first date I think it should be more formal and structured - for example - a walk around a tourist location or the heart of the city - or a day watching high quality movies - not netflix and chill - that stuff is garbage - maybe a series of nature videos or a religious documentary or a documentary on social issues

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely sending wrong signals for first date. At least coming from this guys perspective. It should at least be in public and like a coffee shop or something. On first date you can't get much talking done over a movie. Maybe a movie after a few hours of convo... That be my suggestion. Hope this helps. :)

4|3
    0|0
  • For a first date or at least until you know him better I recommend doing something in public for safety reasons. Like a museum, art exhibit, movie, cooking class, etc. Also, if the date turns out bad you can more easily end it and go home but if you’re at his place it might be harder.

2|0
    0|0
  • He would be desperately hoping, the whole time, that your suggestion implies that you want to have sex at the end. After all, you've already done him the favor of not needing to ask you to come back to his place. You've cut out a key middleman. If you're okay with that, go for it. If not, it's unfair to get his hopes up.

4|0
    0|0
  • If your goal is to have sex then sure. First dates alone where there is a bed (and alcohol I assume) but even without it will put that option on the table. Unless he's a chaste Christian boy that would never break his mother's heart by fornication before marriage,...

1|1
    0|0
  • If you ask him to go to his place he's going to I think that means you want to have sex with him, so I would not advise it unless that's your intent.

6|3
    0|0
  • Baking is more for if you have known him awhile but the movie thing and order pizza sounds good if it will just be you two not you and his relatives or friend there too. Since you are going to his place.

1|0
    0|0
    • But if you don’t know him well I’d go somewhere public and watch a movie better safe than sorry

• Yeah but he might think you want sex and hinting because you asked to go to his place

1|0
    0|0
    • I really hope he doesn’t think that. I honestly just wanted to do something I’d think would be fun with him. Plus, I’m on my period, so he wouldn’t have any luck even if he tried

• Well even if he tries to do anything you're not comfortable with I think and you can ask him to stop I mean I think you kinda know and trust him so dont worry about it

• That sounds nice, you can talk about all sorts while cooking and you'll be working together around the kitchen then will be able to relax together afterwards. I say go for it, and good luck! :D

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a cute idea, but not very romantic... I personally wouldn't do something like this for a first date, but peole differ and some who are good in cooking, not very outgoing, prefer privacy or just feel most comfortable at home, would probably really like it.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's actually a really unique idea most people think a date has to be going sending money to have fun but a date could be anything that you guys see as fun spending time together I think it sounds like a great idea

1|0
    0|0
  • I suggest to go out somewhere for first date
    If you go to his place, he might make a move that would lead to sex

1|1
    0|0
  • He never should asked he should know a great date before u go.
    On the other side u just want sex so get some then make cookies

0|0
    1|0
    • I don’t want just sex from him.

• Not so keen on the idea of going to his house right away, it might give him the wrong idea (that you want sex), and you don't know him.
    He may be crazy.
    Go somewhere public, get to know him first.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it’s something you both would like to do then go for it

2|0
    0|0
  • I'd say a first date is better in a public place, you still don't know if he's in for the sex or for you, give it time and test him

1|1
    0|0
  • How well do you know him? This kind of date preconditions a fair level of familiarity and intimacy.

0|0
    0|0
  • That would be a second or third date. First time meeting you should always go somewhere public.

2|3
    0|0
  • it is a really good idea but i dont think it would be goid for a 1st date. maybe 3rd or 4th

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes... If you want him to murder you😬 you better half-past know this dude... He could be a cannibal... He could be a serial killer... HE COULD STEAL CANDY FROM BABIES FOR ALL YOU KNOW

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a good idea. Plus some guys like that instead of going out to a restaurant so if he's one of them I am sure both will have a great time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not for first date. Better to go where other people and atmosphere than be at home alone

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes. That is. More personable. Good quality time one on one. Good for you.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's a bad idea for a first date. Maybe a third (or 4th or later), but definitely not good for a first date unless you want it to be short lived

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually what you suggest I think is better for maybe like a 3rd date.

Don't get too comfortable too fast.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you two enjoy eachothers company, no matter what you're doing, its a good date.

1|0
    0|0
  • First date? Much better if you do it outdoor maybe bake some cookies at your place then go for a picnic or a hike

0|0
    0|0
  • yes it is an excellent idea.
    run it by him and see what he thinks.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not a good idea for a first date unless you plan on hooking up.

2|0
    0|0
  • That ideal for a guy too.. cause if you go to his place.. it's more likely he'd get laid. *Guy Logic*

0|0
    0|0
  • I took someone on a date once shoveling cow shit for a surprise so be careful what you wish for

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Dinner is always a good thing for your first date.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a cute idea for a date but not a first date. Have a first date in a more public setting.

0|1
    0|0
  • sounds like a fine time, although I hope at least one of you can cook.

0|0
    0|0
  • You gonna ebd hving sexx if you coool with that want that
    At then sure its a great idea, loll😀

0|0
    0|0
  • More of a 3rd date idea the zoo is awesome for 1st date

0|0
    0|0
  • Baking cookies would be so fun then u can watch movies and that would be the romance on the date

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah that seems great but perhaps think about the first bit depending on what he likes

0|0
    0|0
  • How about a picknick?

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely, but maybe he already prepared smth?

1|0
    0|0
  • Good creativity, go for it!

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds perfect! ❤ and super cute

1|0
    0|0
  • Awesome idea.

1|1
    0|0
  • Hell yeah that's a great idea for a first date!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sound like a good day

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah that could be really fun

1|0
    0|0
  • I think that's an amazing first date.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is a good idea