Is it normal that I hate when people read me correctly?

I have always been very quiet and shy. I am reserved when first getting to know people and definitely proceed with caution. I don't like wearing my heart on my sleeve because I'm terrified of letting the wrong people in. I don't like people knowing what's going on inside me and that's why my words are few. I have three best friends that I share everything with but other than that I don't talk to anyone. But I have come across a few people who read me like an open book and that scares the hell out of me. I don't like feeling exposed and I especially don't like it when they understand my emotions spot on. I was always told to keep my emotions under wraps and both my parents are very practical and analytical. They are not ruled by their heart. After being told time and time again that I can't be emotional, I have learned to keep that part of myself hidden from everyone. There are so many secret emotions I feel that I have never told anyone and when others can see that, I freak out. Does anyone else hate when people read them correctly despite trying to conceal things?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• The quietest people have the loudest minds. If I were you, I would try to socialize some more. I'm somewhat sociable, but can't say people can read me. I may have a smile when I'm speaking with somone, but I'm sad on the inside. Also if you react to how someone reads you, that gives away the fact that they read you. If you keep a calm demeenor and shrug that stuff off, you can be harder to read.

1|0
    0|0
    • I've been making more of an effort to open up to people, but it's hard breaking habits I've had for a long time. I trust very few people in my life. I am always lost in thought but maybe share 10% of what I'm thinking and the rest I hold close to my heart. At least then if someone doesn't like me I can say "well they never knew me so it's no real loss. They didn't take a part of me with them." I don't know if that makes sense but that's how it feels sometimes

• I understand what you're saying. I don't have many friends because I hate losing people in my life, so less friends equals less chance of losing them. I don't even trust my closest friends with some things. I learned that once a secret is let out, everyone will soon learn it. Unless you have a really good friend who will keep it, but even then, they sometimes slip. I haven't had a girlfriend before because I have trust issues. There's too many people that say the things you want to hear, but then leave after they get what they want. You're not alone, if you knew me in real life, you wouldn't expect this from me.

• Usually a person who's reserved and quiet are likely going to have a hard time opening up to others and are labeled as passive as opposed to an outgoing person who isn't afraid of looking bad or opening up to others because they are more laid back and trusting. I feel bad that your parents have prevented you from opening up your emotions more because it's so important for a person to be expressive, no matter the situation!

If someone read me like a book, I would be pretty impressed that they could know someone by looks and/or choice of behavior/words I used! Although, how would they truly know me if I've never gave them personal information? I can see why being read would be annoying.

1|0
    0|0
    • I've had maybe three people who really understood me on a deeper level & it made very scared. They didn't mistake my closed off personality as rejection but took the time to talk to me & see what I'm about. Mostly people think I'm unapproachable when in reality I'm just being cautious with my heart. There are good people & bad, but I've been used a lot & would rather not go through that again. I really appreciated your response <3

• If you opened up to them like that, it's understandable how keen they could be in identifying a personality like yours! It's far too often people can be so judgmental without actually knowing the person beforehand. If there are a reason why they are behaving the way they do, there's probably a good explanation behind it! For example, I'm sure deep in your heart you'd love to be open and expressive to almost anyone you'd meet because you have a kind heart except your parents taught you your whole life that being so trusting and expressive is foolish and not considered important. Although it would be foolish to blindly trust someone without some background about them first.

Your very welcome! I only wish to provide the most helpful feedback! I hope you'll be able to adapt and feel more comfortable around people sometime so you don't have to lock up your emotions all the time for the safety of your well-being; in knowing who can trust or cannot.

• nope, its only you!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes