Girls, how important is a guy's confidence in dating?

Confidence isn't the only thing needed to win over a woman's heart. The concept also expands to taking the lead and intiative etc. If a guy lacks confidence to make the first move, then he is usually screwed because always waiting to get hit on by women is practically a joke. So how important do you think a guy's confidence is to eventually get you horizontal?
  • Most important, confidence is everything
    Vote A
  • Highly valued in most cases
    Vote B
  • Average, non-alpha males can get laid too
    Vote C
  • I can deal with shy guys/I would make the first move
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• hey Bro,
    Confidence matters a lot, but its not everything. You will see a lot of men who is not at all perfect, no materalistic achievments, no outstanding intelligence or measures, no big heart, no phisical fitness, no grit etc. but as long as they are good with theirselves and keep that frame very solid they gonna have some girls. Not any not every, but its not about being loved by EVERYONE, its about finding someone who is compatible.

Why confidence matters? Because a woman wants a man, and a man wants a woman. This, whatever whoever may say, wouldn't change, it's in our veins.
    A man should be someone a woman can look up to. So u have to be ok with urself as to look up to yourself first.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is usually pretty essential to have confidence. For most women, they look to their man when they need guidance. If he is always unsure or cowardly. They won't feel comfortable or secure in who they/you are. Just be you bro.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Most of the time confidence is super sexy and makes a girl feel wanted. However, a guy who's a bit shy and forces the girl to make the first move can totally be empowering and really awaken a woman to her sexuality. Being shy isn't a 100% no go, but confidence is a pretty great and sought after trait. This being said, each guy should just be himself because everyone likes different things and I for one don't have set traits, depends entirely on the guy. The one thing that needs to be certain is that he's fine with being himself and doesn't change for anyone, it's his life not theirs.

0|1
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Never really met anyone with English major though this is how I complimented people with strong language all the time.

"The one thing that needs to be certain is that he's fine with being himself and doesn't change for anyone, it's his life not theirs."

This sentence is the defining point of your paragraph. I say not the major change of his character, but minor changes to adjust to the relationship should happen all the time.

• I like to think that there are people out there that will love you and not expect you to change. It's the reason I hate when girls act and look one way and then when they start dating a guy they show their true selves. If you're yourself all the time then the person who falls for you actually likes you, not your mask and there's your start to a mutually accepting relationship [Sorry my friends like to complain]. So yeah maybe it's necessary for you to began putting the toilet seat down, but I don't think anyone should change aspects of their personality in order to find love. If it's actually love they'll love you for you.

• Alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha but none of that’s faux alpha shit. A real alpha

0|1
    0|0
    • Sounds like we have a Tinder match

• Show All
    • That is quite funny. Because I date brunettes too

• Are we still exchange pics or not? I am devastatingly ugly

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I can tell you that, while not being a guaranteed win, confidence is like an enabler. After I failed at dating for quite a long time I went on a journey to reevaluate my life and do some changes that got me out of depression and then I successfully slept with any woman I liked. But that was followed by other problems...

0|1
    0|0
    • Share the problems you had. Please don't say STDs

• Show All
    • Meaning you basically had a bunch of friends with benefits, nobody contributes to you emotionally

• Yes some. But it also started some relationships. At some point I had two girlfriends and two friends with benefits that I thought were emotionally interested in me.

• There is a huge difference between being able to project confidence, and having confidence. Being "cool, calm and collected" all the time is not important: being able to talk about things that are bothering you / are on your mind -even if done unconfidently- is way more important. That confidence in yourself is the real attrilactive thing...

2|2
    0|0
  • Confidence is good, being cocky is not! Know what to be confident about and when. I especially love it when a guy is confident enough to know he needs help, and ask for it. Most guys think confidence is portrayed as a "well I'm amazing" thing, yet it's not 😊

1|1
    0|0
    • It's pretty correct. We were raised not to admit weakness, not to cry in front of people and be on our own. Sometimes asking our girl for help means we are less capable, which is the side we do not want to reveal

• Very important, I'm generally attracted to guys who are overly confident (that came come as arrogant).
    I think it have to do with the fact I'm rather insecure.

0|1
    1|0
    • Sounds a lot like my cup of tea. But my imposing dominance sometimes scare girls away

• Show All
    • When you are more established in life, you will get a chance. Just like myself, but I still never stopped traveling. This question may sound dumb, but does Paris really have that many naked girls?

• I really hope so *-*
      In strip tease club yes but in the street no.

• Never would have dated my husband if I waited for him.

0|2
    1|1
  • Do women like men who are broken inside?

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s everything

0|1
    0|0
  • Not important

0|0
    0|0
  • I like a submissive guy that lets me tell him what to do.

0|1
    0|0
    • Would love to, that eliminates lots of hassle for me. Hard to find a woman that is willing to take the lead in real life

• I hate that word. Its so fake and overused

0|0
    0|0
  • I like "confidence" but honesty. By that I mean, you aren't completely awkward and can't make conversation and make things awkward. And you aren't cocky and fake. But you are able to share insecurities and be honest with areas you are less confident with. Also no one likes an alpha male tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • Gotta be goodlooking too man. Confidence doesn't do much by itself

0|0
    0|0
    • Quite the opposite, let me help you with this.

"Gotta be confident man, good looks doesn't do much by itself"

Now it makes sense more

• It's not important at all, not sure where you got the idea from

1|0
    0|1
    • Then good luck with your love life, which I am sure it will be "smooth"

• Thank you my friend

• It's important because apparently I have mean jokes and if he can't handle that it's not going to work.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes