What do you say or do if you have a girlfriend and she is depressed?

I need girls and guys opinion bc I get a lot of girls and guys coming to me asking what do to make my boyfriend or girlfriend happier? I want to help them as much as much as I can and giving them the best advice I can bc I care and love everyone for who they are!!! And please vote and tell me that does me helping them and giving the best advice make look like a nice, caring person or does it make me look like a not good person
  • It makes you look like an amazing person
    Vote A
  • It makes you look like a not good person
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• As someone who was depressed (severely) I can say that for me the way I recovered was by talking to people, and for my girlfriend who was also depressed, she started smoking once a week. So it depends

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I've recently ended a relationship, with a girl, that was severely depressed. We lived together and she just moved out a month ago. It helped a lot to take her outside, for a walk, some event or just to do Things. If she just stayed at home, she would just dwell into an endless cycle, that made everything worse. Like the Thing that worked the Best for us/her was taking her for a jog or workout. As soon as she started seeing results at something, she started feeling, that she was actually moving on to something and waking up to something. We had some other issues that made it not work for us, but the main thing was getting out sometimes, even though it Could be really exhausting in the first place and to focus on every little good thing throughout the Day. It was wonderful to make that difference for someone Else. The start of it All, was by far the hardest part. Focus on every little small Victory and as far as possible, try not to be negative about the situation and abandon the thought of pity. Hope it can be od some help.

0|1
    0|0
  • Does she have some type of therapy or medicine? Depression is a disease after all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make sure she knows that it's not her fault when she feels sad. Also, don't pretend like it's your fault that she's not always happy, either. Emphasize the positive things in life. Remind her how much she is loved. Reassure her that she is a good person. Have her understand that the pain may feel like it'll never go away, but by talking about it and seeking help, life can be manageable. Be understanding if she wants to not leave the bed for weeks at a time. Appreciate the little things she does. Make sure she knows she never has to face anything alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • It makes you look good

0|0
    0|0
  • i have sex with her, give her good fucking sex!

0|0
    2|2

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes