Do looks matter most in a relationship?

Feeling like no one likes me because of my looks.
  • Yes, looks are everything
  • Looks matter but they aren't the only thing that matters
  • Looks don't matter. Personality does.
    Vote C

12

12
  • Looks are going to fade in time but personality will be similar or the same in the long term. That being said, looks are a good way to gauge how much the person takes care of themselves, so it is something to take into account.

• Here's the thing. Looks mattering is a primal instinct. As much as we boast in the 21st century about loving ourselves, and not caring what others say. We care. Otherwise we wouldn't even need this site lol. The appearance of your partner sends a message to people who DON'T know the two of you - your status, your taste, etc. it's crazy and obviously not always right. But that's called a first impression. If a person looks great but has a crap personality, I'm not going to stay. Appearance isn't permanent. Chances are, personality kind of is.

If you think your looks are cutting your chances - do YOU like the way you look? If you like it, then forget everyone else. Someone right will come along. But if you don't, do something about it. You'd be surprised how much even a haircut can change a person's appearance.

• You fall in love with looks