Would you date a coworker? and how would handle having a crush on a coworker?

because I’m currently in that situation.
the thing is I don't know if it’s inappropriate. bc i feel like there’s chemistry between us. makes me feel like he’s “pulling back” bc we’re actually just coworkers. we don’t text or hang out outside if work. only when we meet up with other coworkers. but when we do, we get along great, also during work, we don’t work together but we see each other often during the day.
what would you do? would you date a coworker? or how would you handle it? I don’t know if I should push my feelings away. but how am I supposed to find out if there could be more?
bc I would look so stupid if he was just being nice the whole time. and the fact that I would have to see him everyday makes it even more awkward.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Problem is if you two have an ugly break up you still have to see each other every day.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Does your job strictly say that you can't date a coworker? I've been in jobs where relationships aren't banned so they always happen, it's fine. Everyone's cool with it.

0|0
    0|0
    • no they don’t say that. one of my coworker is married to someone who works there aswell but they got married before she started working here,...
      I just don’t know what to do, especially bc I don’t know what he thinks about me & I’m pretty shy..

• A lot of people meet others through working together. Do not hold back just because he is a co worker. The worst thing that could happen is he says he's not interested. Would you rather wonder forever or just ask him out?

0|0
    0|0
    • but how should I ask him out? what’s the best way?

• I'm dating a co-worker. We don't act any differently than we do normally in the workplace. Outside is a different story.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is kind of unprofessional but hey everyone is different

1|0
    0|0
  • I do not prefer but many people meet like that.
    There is always a question in my mind what if it does not go well, things get ugly in work place?

0|0
    0|0
  • I would so long as it didn't interfere with anything at my job. I wouldn't want either of us to lose our jobs over it

0|0
    0|0
  • yep! have done it before and it can be awesome. it can also suck.. gotta weigh your options

0|0
    0|0
  • If the relationship doesn't work out. It may become an issue. Do be careful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him about a job offer and see what he thinks?

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Very unprofessional...

1|0
    0|0
  • DON'T... EVER... DO... THAT...

0|0
    0|0
  • Been there, done that. My advice, DON'T DO IT!!!

0|0
    0|0
    • did you get in trouble, or what happened ?

• We ended up datung for 3 years, working really closely together. She turned out to be really posesive, watched and nit picked every thing i did at work and outside of work. If i did something different than the way she wanted me to do it, shwme would run and complain to my boss. But get this, i was her boss. Anyway she ended up getting me fired because she kept complaining about everything i did.

• sure no big deal

0|0
    0|0
  • I ignore them

0|0
    0|0
  • Never mix business and pleasure what if it goes terribly wrong and then you still have to see him every day at work then not only are you going through a breakup you are going to hate going to work as well

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes