Is it okay to have a matching tattoo with your partner?

Is it okay to have a matching tattoo with your partner?Is it okay to have a matching tattoo with your partner?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Fucking aww. My girlfriend wanted us to both to get angel wings on our back because she's my angel and I'm her angel (we're both super into tattoos and I have a lot of them, I think they're sexy). I ended up goin for the angel wings think just mine are on fire. I'd rather be her demon.
    I really want to get her to get half the rebel alliance logo on her wrist and then I get the other half (I was originally gonna get the whole logo before I met her). It's a fight because I started dating the one awesome chick on Earth who doesn't like Star Wars (GAAAARRR!!!) But I will convert her. By god is my witness. She will join my religion.

0|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You are asking for Karma to kick you in the ass after you do that. I know more people that have done the matching tattoos that are no longer together than I do that are so... be careful.

2|1
    0|0
  • Not a good idea it's the same as getting name tattooed on you, things go south you're stuck with that reminder. I know a few couples who got matching tats then things went South. One of them they were married for 25 years it was their wedding anniversary vow renewal to each other. A year later filing for divorce. They are now divorced.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes and no. If you have been dating a while and know about the consequences than go for it. But if your scared about it being there if you do break up or are young probably don't. I know someone who was 17 and there girlfriend was 16 he got a tattoo of her name in block letter across his whole arm, idiot, and the girl got a small one of his name. Had only been dating for a couple months and ended up breaking up a month later.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would have to be something I actually want and something that would have another meaning if we broke up. Definitely wouldn’t do it with just any boyfriend, would probably require at least a couple years of being in a relationship with them

0|1
    0|0
  • Its really not a great idea ubless your married for awhile because tattoo removals hurt and are incredibly expensive and cover ups are usually very bad and shoddy

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be. I would get matching tattoos with someone as long as individually they still look good in case we break up. Also be ready that if you guys do break up it will be there and remind you everytime you see it.

0|0
    0|0
  • its retarded as hell, because if you do it every time you get into a relationship you will be looking like a fucking contact/address book by the end of your life

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope cuz imagine if you two broke up? You will end up with a matching tattoo of your ex and it'll remind you of him everytime you see it so NOPE bad idea

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends. The institute of marriage, or more generally, loving relationships is so damaged, abused, and twisted that if you're like many people these days, you'll probably go through at least three "serious" relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • My friend is a tattoo artist. Weekly, numerous people come in to his shop getting names covered up after their relationship fails.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn’t do that, imagine they leave you. I’m not that dumb enough to get a matching tattoo

1|1
    0|0
  • If I'm in a commited relationship, yes. Not just w any foo I get w.
    And if things change in the end, removal is always an option
    But das me 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I'd do it after a long time or maybe even after marriage but yes I find this super cute and meaningful ❤️

0|0
    1|0
  • No! What happens if you split? Then you both got that shit on your arm, back, wherever. Eh on the positive, long lasting love side I say yes as long as there not matching tramp stamps..

0|0
    0|0
  • If that's what you both want. I've honestly contemplated getting a tattoo on my ring finger if I ever somehow get married, but that's mainly because I hate wearing rings.

0|0
    0|0
  • No... most marriages end in failure... most relationships have an expiration date... but a tattoo lasts far much longer... get a matching tattoo when you guys have a 20 year mildstone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont get "matching tattoos" but instead get tattoos together but not matching, will be similar but not as corny and you won't regret the tattoo if you split up

0|1
    0|0
  • Personally no. But I respect that other people do it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it is rather dumb to be honest. The thing about getting a tattoo for any type of relationship is that in the event it fails, you have a constant reminder of it on you.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not. In this era nothing last forever and if because of any reason you broke up with them that tattoo gonna hurt you more every freaking day.

0|2
    0|0
  • Meh, it's okay if others want to do it but I probably wouldn't.

0|1
    0|0
  • It seems tacky, but I can see the appeal, although one hell of a nasty procedure awaits if the two of you decide to break up... I'd say no, get matching accessories or whatever.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you break up then you have the reminder of them on you which most likely you willnot want. Ifyouget stand don't want it if you break up you will have to get it covered up or removed.

0|0
    0|0
  • If its a long term relationship it would be more acceptable if u have been together for like a month and get one I think it's a bit of a stupid decision just my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, as long as it's something discreet. And definitely NO NAMES!

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm sure, I wouldn't do it though. If I did I would wait at least like 5 years to make sure I'm with the right person though

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it's okay. Maybe not the best thing to do unless you're married or something but it's not wrong

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a shirt said I'm Taken

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, why not. But I'd make it kind of intimate/private. Something small that only the two of us could see.

0|0
    0|0
  • If your married, sure. Bf/gf break up all the time.. a lot more than married couples. Your tattoos should resemble your commitment. FOREVER

1|0
    0|0
  • It's well cool but what if you both broke up it will hurt u more each time u see it

0|0
    0|0
  • yes and no. if you can accept tato as a concept of memory inprint then yes if you see it only as a relationship thing then you might regret it 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe so, even though i would not recomend if u think that ur relationship is too strong, as u would regret it all ur life if u break up

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes if both you and your partner know that you will spend the rest of your lives together

But that's just my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh my, please avoid that! Others mentioned it before but after the breakup this will suck so, so much :D Brain over heart!

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all because if u break up then there is a problem

0|0
    0|0
  • It's completely ok... It only shows your thoughts about particular subject matches a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • You never know how it's truly gonna end. You dont want to do a tattoo cover up. Or tattoo removal because you guys broke up.

0|0
    0|0
  • yea I think its cute and if the other person is worth it then why not besides if something wrong happens laser treatment is option 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Well... it is kinda sweet in a way
    But you better be damn sure you are in it for the long haul...

0|0
    0|0
  • It's ok as long as it don't involve the name. If not when you break up that's going to be boring.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. You're going to break up with them in a few months anyways

0|0
    0|0
  • Never do that, you will brake up and you will be left with it for life

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't mind too much as long as no names

I actually really like the King/ Queen one

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea why not. But know the consequences, if you break up then the tattoo would stay forever

0|1
    0|0
  • Why not? If he breaks up wid u, u can always remove it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, just be sure you are both very committed to each other

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's Okay to have it. But don't tattoo your names as if you brake up it not going to look good!

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't. You never know how long a relationship is going to last. And you'll regret that tattoo

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh, matching. Well yeah, if theyre not tattoos that is like a 1+1 thing like I was thinking than it might be ok.

Show More

Recommended myTakes