Does the music a person listens to give away what they feel for their SO?

Some songs have a nice melody and you would listen to them no matter the lyrics. But than there are songs which are clearly more interesting because of their lyrics. Do you think that the lyrics of the songs a person listens to say something about their love status?

The person im dating recently got out of a years long important relationship. They listen to a lot of “break up” or “missing an ex” themed songs, and I suspect I’m just a rebound.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a musician and put a lot of value to music, but I don't see there being any relevance here. It means that they have related to these songs at some point but it doesn't mean that's where they are right now. If you have these worries bring them up but don't cite this as any form of evidence.

• I don’t know, for me it’s very different. I listen to songs that tell me something in the moment I listen to them. I won’t listen to a sad song if I’m happy, and I won’t listen to songs I listened to during a breakup once I’m over it

• He listens a lot to mike posner’s in the arms of a stranger 😞

• I just listened to it for the first time and it is a jammin' tune!!! It's just a sick beat, and I would have zero idea of the subject matter, this song is nothing to be afraid of at all!

Most Helpful Girl

• In my case, if you know me well enough, you can tell exactly how I feel by listening to my songs. But I don't think that is the case with your boyfriend. I do think that you should talk to him