Would you dislike if a girl you never talked to added on SM and explained?

This guy I like, we notice each other everytime but couldn't find the opp to talk to him since I rarely see him. He could never approach me as well. Do you think it's fine to add him and tell him why I did it? Thank you.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hello, in order to help you I must be a bit more direct, so you can really know what some men think. Try not to take this personally.

Add him and tell him you like him as more than a friend. You MUST indicate you like him as more than a friend if you want to date him. If you don't he will move on. Most men have enough friends and what they want is a date. Men will not pursue girls if they don't escalate to indicate the girl wants a date too. And most men won't want to date a girl who can't even indicate she likes him as more than a friend. A relationship requires more confidence than that.

If you are too shy to ask him out when you are ready, this line worked on me. From her to me: "So, when are you going to ask me out?" That makes it plain she wants to go on a date. :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you so much for your opinion. I can understand your point of view, it's realistic. Yet, every guy is different and will react differently to a girl approaching them directly or through the internet.
      Do you think it's fine to tell him I came randomly across his profile? Wouldn't that be weird? I can go on from there to tell him that i've been noticing him back, etc

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Do you know how many guys want girls to ask them out? It's so refreshing. It's a huge complement.

Adding them on social media I think is okay if you explain it carefully. He'd probably think it's flattering.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for your opinion. What could be a way to explain that wouldn't come off as weird?

• I don't know you're situation completely so it's hard.

But I forgot to mention earlier that guy's sometimes don't have enough confidence, what to say, butterflies, don't think they have a chance they are shy, etc to make a move. And or read the signals right or miss the signals.

Some guys think it's really confident making the first move. It shows you know what you want or like a guy enough to stand out. Be unique. It's something he'd remember.

• Thanks!

• Go for it for sure! Honestly it doesn't even seem like a strange enough thing to need any explanation at all, and it's a kind gesture!

1|0
    0|0
    • You think so? But then you'd be wondering how she's found your profile, why she added you and what does she expect, especially if you didn't know she noticed you as well.
      Thank you for your opinion!

• Honestly I doubt they would question how you found them or why you added them, and adding them on SM is so non-committal, so I doubt he would ever think what you expect from this. I think the most likely reaction is to take it as a small compliment, which would only help your cause.

• Thank you!

• It might seem a little weird but it would be alright
    So just go for it
    Add him say hi and proceed from there
    Worst that can happen is that he isn't interested and you are where you are now

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for your opinion. The worst thing is being thought of as a creep, if it's the case, the guy probably will be turned off and won't think positively of me. Same goes for guys. It's what i'd rather avoid.

• I get what you mean but if the alternative is just basically being strangers? What is there to loose really?
      If anything is ever to come of it got to break the ice somehow
      I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that you were creepy in the situation... That would depend a lot on what you say from there on

• Sounds right, thank you!

• If i was that guy, i would be glad if someone did it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for your opinion! Would you linger on or find it weird that she's found your SM when you had no idea she noticed you back?

• I would be flattered, actually. It would not seem weird, just unusual, because girls unfortunatelly don't do such things much.

• Thank you!

• Well, i think otd be best to approach him, talk to him and ask him yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go for it

1|0
    0|0
  • What does SM means?

0|0
    0|0
    • Social media, fb mainly in my case

• In that case
      Just add him
      Wait of he initiate conversation and if he don't