Guys, Would you date someone who's had cosmetic or plastic surgery?

I've only had my lips done, but nobody has said anything bad apart from those against it. However I always see so many people slagging off celebrities who have had it done online.

People will tear others down for their appearance, and then act surprised when they do something to change it.
  • No to both
    Vote A
  • Yes to both / I wouldn't care
    Vote B
  • Only if it was minor (such as lip fillers)
    Vote C
  • Cosmetic, yes. Plastic, no
    Vote D
  • Plastic yes. Cosmetic, no
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I wasn't even aware of the difference between the two till you made this question.
    Before the question I would have said outright no to both.
    Now, I'd probably be open to plastic surgery but I'd still prefer a girl to avoid cosmetic surgery...

0|0
    0|0
    • Don't you mean you'd be open to cosmetic surgery but avoid plastic? Plastic involves going under the knife and is permanent (in most cases) - cosmetic surgery involves mainly needles only and is temporary.

I think a lot of people on this question are getting the two confused. Surely temporary cosmetic surgery is worlds better than plastic surgery? Or is that just me lol

• When I was reading up on the two the difference was *not* how permanent they where but the motivation.
      Plastic surgery is what you'd do after say a car crash, trying to restore how you your functionality etc, giving you a proper jaw and a face that actually looks like a face.
      Cosmetic surgery on the other hand is done just for the sake of looks.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• Plastic... Cosmetic... It's all good. When I was young I plastic surgery on my lips too. I had a growth on my upper lip in the middle. It looked like a strawberry protruding. My parents chose to cut it off. They got the best surgeon in the whole country to operate. So from that stand point yes.

Also cosmetic surgery is fine too. Doesn't matter where.
    Personally, I have thought about it cosmetic surgery elsewhere... So I can relate. Probably never go through it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not into full lips. Don’t mind thinner side. Getting those kinda looks fake in my opinion. I’m not against some of the other stuff tho. I think it’s becoming more important nowadays and it’s not really a big deal to go and get something done. Especially if it makes you feel better it’s worth it right.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter if she had some surgery done but why. There are only a few freakish surgery addicted women beneath lots of women lacking self confidence or dealing with obvious malformation. Most often it wouldn't have been necessary in my opinion but why should I refuse dating. Would women refuse dating a guy with a Porsche or Ferrari just because it wasn't necessary. What's next? Hair dresser, makeup or jewelry?

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be fond of it, but if the personality was strong enough then i could look passed it. I just don't understand why you need to literally change the things about you that make you, you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Typically date those who learn to accept who they are and not looking at what others do. But thats just me.

0|0
    0|0
  • If i still found them attractive of course. I think people get cosmetic surgery when they dont need it, but its certainly not something that would keep me from dating them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well me, it depends on how much it is, i wouldn't want a girl that has so much surgery that you dont even know who it is, what im saying is that for me there's a limit with the surgery

0|0
    0|0
  • been there done that
    auto accident
    facial repairs
    was a cover gal + overseas 1st class stewardess + ooohlala
    but a bit crazy at times that would drive guys off

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, especially not the lip thing, I hate those big fake lips, huge turn off.

The only time I'm okay with plastic surgery is if it's to correct a deformity or extreme flaw.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ma'am I am going through man pattern baldness
    I have to go for a hair transplant
    So I think it is okay
    Even good if one care for him/ her self

0|0
    0|0
  • I would date someone that had a cosmetic surgery, yes, if you feel better after having made it, who am i to judge what makes you happy, but the problem is that when it is too much to the point of entirely faking a person´s original identity, because that would tell me that this person had issues in the past regarding its own identity and that for me would be a big red flag, cases like michael jackson and others that completely changed their bodies to completely delete who they were in the past would be big red flags because that to me is a clear signal these persons possible have a very high disturb of identity to the point of not being able to accept who they naturally were, and that isn´t healthful in the slight.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would I date Scarlett Johnasson? Yes, probably.

Would I date Megan Fox? No, that bitch went too far.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the surgery made her feel sexier, it made her more confident, and it was minimal, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • everybody is free to do watever they feel they need to feel better with their ownselves... nothin wrong with both of them

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the reason. If it was because of an accident or injury maybe but not if it was because of self esteem.

0|0
    0|0
  • The way I see it, it is your choice to do what you want with your body. Personally, though, it is what Is on the inside that counts

0|0
    0|0
  • doesn't care beauty doesn't come through operation or thorugh make up... it should be within yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Stick with no until I meet a girl that Changes my mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if it was to correct a severe defect or something from an accident or surgery.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't turn someone down for having cosmetic surgery, but I'm definitely not a fan of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Unless it was a life threatening reason to have it, no. People who have plastic/cosmetic surgery have issues with themselves physically. But it's a deeper internal problem that a physical surgery can't fix (or is quite expensive to fix if it's neurosurgery). People need to learn to be content with themselves, and ignore what the world thinks of them. They need to use their strengths to their advantage. Everyone has a strength of some sort. Whether/how they utilize that/those strength (s) determines their destiny/future. I'm not saying you can't have cosmetic or plastic surgery. Everyone has free will to do what they want. But since you asked guys whether they would date someone who had surgery, I'm answering for myself (as a guy) and saying 'no'.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. If I still find her attractive and she's a nice person, why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah don't think it would be a problem unless your just addicted towards it

0|0
    0|0
  • It says something really bad about the woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • I frown upon it but I don’t care

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah definitely

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care less

0|0
    0|0
  • I would