After how many dates is it inappropriate to still get on a dating website?

• 2 dates
    Vote A
  • 3 dates
    Vote B
  • 5 dates
    Vote C
  • 10 dates
    Vote D
  • Other
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• as early as you can, cause if things are going well what's the point of going back to dating websites? you should try to see how things go with this person instead of stringing someone along online. I think if you still feel the need to go on dating websites when you started seeing someone, in case there is someone 'better', it just shows you are not that into the person you are dating now and just wasting time. lets say you keep getting on the dating websites and someone asks you out. will you then date two people at the same time? or say wait, I'll ask you out if things don't work out with the current guy... or lets say you simply chat with this person who is interested, but then things work out with the first one, so only then you tell him you have a boyfriend. he'd have wasted all this time on you.
    it will not work out with the first one if you have other potentials on your mind and keep focusing on other options, and you cannot properly chat with someone on dating website in case they ask you out, cause then you're not 100% single. so it's a waste of time either way. choose one, either the guy you're with now, or the rest of the options online

0|0
    0|0
    • Very well said.. this is a hypothetical to men. I am not in the situation. I hate when people answer a? Automatically thinking the situation applies to them, can a person not ask things out of curiosity, prove a point, for friends, etc

• well usually here when people ask a question it's because they are in that situation. I was not sure if you are in it, but I addressed 'you' in the answer, just so you would put yourself in that situation and see things from that perspective :)

Most Helpful Guy

• By the end of the second date you should know if you want to pursue a relationship with the person

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If you aren't in a relationship I think 1-2 dates - is a point where its still acceptable to use dating sites. by the 3rd date - you shouldn't be dating other people.

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't depend on the number of dates, it depends whether or not you have decided to be exclusive.

0|2
    1|0
  • If I'm actively talking to someone, they are the only one I'm talking to. I don't take this "shotgun" approach and risk screwing up someone else that could have been better because this other person didn't work out.

1|0
    0|0
  • I met my current girlfriend online and I think we did 4 or 5 before ending our presence online. I actually started trimming down the sites I used after the first date and after a couple she asked if we were going to "be a thing" and I wasn't ready yet so a couple more then we talked about it and agreed.

0|0
    0|0
  • As soon as you agree to be monogamous.

I'd say that should typically fall after date 3 or so... if not, there's a high chance one of the partners is basically luke warm but looking for something better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd pause my profile after a third date to focus on that girl and see if we are getting more serious.

1|1
    0|0
  • if your talking about going on another date with that person then you shouldn't get on dating websites anymore

3|0
    0|0
  • When you agree to go 9n a date with someone it is at that point you should not go back on. Unless the date is a flop. Then by all means go back on and look again

0|1
    0|0
  • The number is irrelevant it is when you two agree to be exclusive and only date each other.

0|1
    0|0
  • I gave up online dating for a bit.. There's no closure & people chit chat for a little bit & then lose interest eventually.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's always okay to date more than once person, as long as you both have a clear understanding you are not exclusive

0|0
    1|0
  • If your dating someone and want a future at all with them drop dating sites asap there just trouble and temptation.

1|0
    0|0
  • The number of dates is unlimited. However, once you mutually establish that you’re a monogamous couple, that’s when the dating sites should stop

0|0
    0|0
  • I think, and am also in the situation where I've meet someone and we've been together for less than a week. I'm ready to give up the dating sites I'm on. But I don't think she is yet. She's talking to guys from a few sites. I'm jealous easy so I don't like her doing it but I trust her that they are just friends and I believe she will lose any interest in them when she thinks about losing me if it comes down to it... They sound like pervs anyhow Wich is a concern but I'm watching it closely... I'm on like 20 sites myself and it would take a while to just find out where so I can deactivate.

0|0
    0|0
    • 20 sites really, no offense but so u have a life lol

• Show All
    • Ya well I signed up made profile and then found out you have to pay to communicate at that point I've lost interest. I'm not talking to anyone from any sites. And I've thrown emails into spam but I'm sure my profiles still are there..

• I feel for you in the same kind of situation best of luck to both of us lol.

• There is no time limit or dates for that matter, you act when you are sure about your choices.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to make sure you find a true ride or die type committed companionship!

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont use dating sites at all...

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to talkto them to find out what level on

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the person

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say if the first one goes well then it's a no.

1|0
    0|0
  • Once you say your Significant others

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends, are you exclusive at that point or not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe after 3-5 date it is

0|0
    0|0
  • When you are exclusive... It doesn't matter how many dates, have a conversation like adults.

1|0
    0|0
  • whenever u think u have started a relationship. It could be after 1 date or could be after 20.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is appropriate to be on a dating site until you agree to be monogamous, then you should delete your profiles

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes