Do guys ever overanalyze how long it takes for girls to text back?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely. First thing that always comes to mind goes something like:
    "ok, did I say something wrong? is the conversation over because I did 1 single freaking misstep in the way those conversations are codified? What did I say that WAS wrong? Or did I say something that wasn't wrong but could have been misconstrued as such? Is she busy exchanging messages with other men? Did I ask a question that requires her to steptoe around a difficult subject? Did she need to go the bathroom? etc."

And then I get back to my senses and remember "the rules" of exchanging messages with a girl, among which is the balance of reciprocity: if I sent her a message, or two at most, I shouldn't send a third without a response from her. I shouldn't appear clingy.

1|1
    0|0
    • What if she initiated the conversation and then you took a couple of hours and she replied the next morning because she was busy (though you wouldn't know that )? Is that normal?

• OK. Well in that case, it seems fine and there isn't much need to second guess delays. Because there wasn't a real time exchange that suddenly saw one of us go mute.
      If I took a couple hours to respond and she writes back several hours later, it's totally normal. The exchange is simply not taking place in real time. I'll worry after 24 hours.

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont know if they do or don't but I'm curious too

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I do all the time. Some people are more laid back than others so I have to remind myself not to read too much into it

0|2
    0|0
    • If a girl texted back the next morning as opposed to after 9 the next night is that normal or not weird to you?

• I would take it that she didn't want to talk to me that night for whatever reason I can think of

• What if she initiated the conversation

• I used to, now I just chill out and be patient. I still kick myself when I check my dating apps and coincidentally log in mere minutes after they have replied. I really don't enjoy the 'rules of texting' but I'm seeing how the results differ now.

0|1
    0|0
  • I was worried long back.. but not now.. initially Girls text instantly.. As the days progress they reply late.. It doesn't mean they don't like you.. it happens when a girl knows better about the guy as their texting run out of topics.. It's just they don't have the same excitement as they used to have initially..

0|1
    0|0
  • I used to but not that much these days. If a girl usually delays in response, I do the same when replying. Where I worry is if the person has come online or even read my message (that requires a response) but does not reply

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes 0.0 mine isn't like I think they're talking to another guy, i have anxiety, and my mind tends to run wild, so im always worried that something happened to them 😅 although it does suck when they leave you on read :/

1|0
    0|0
  • Mostly just when it comes to my girlfriend, especially being left on read can easily bum me out for a while

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, but I mean, I get used to the fact that everyone has stuff they need to do, and that they are busier than me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. To the point on insanity

“Damn I should’ve added a period now she’s gonna think I’m an illiterate nut case”

0|1
    0|0
  • Na i just get really pissed off... my freind was gonna apologize and it took her 3 days so i blocked her again

0|0
    0|0
  • No we have important thing to do like talk to other girls, masterbate , find other girls, work and eat

0|0
    0|0
  • All the time. Especially if they're doing other things on social media at the time

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! Its fucking annoying. My ex claimed that she was too lazy to type... yea right

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes at the begining now i have a lot of posible answers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! I do it all the time. And I always get angry because of that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know about guys in general but yeah I do it all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, guys/girls, we are all people and have the same feelings

0|0
    0|0
  • No they don't. they don't even care about this

0|0
    0|4
  • Being left on read is the /worst.

1|1
    0|0
  • If I really like a girl I definitely do that

2|0
    0|0
  • I over analyze everything.
    Its just what I do.

1|0
    0|0
  • Couldn't care less.

0|0
    0|0
    • If a girl takes to long then I'll just go and do something else.

• Nope, I have other things to think about

0|0
    0|0
  • Yah all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes in this century.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • You yes

0|0
    0|0
  • I never have. I just assume she's busy

1|0
    0|0
  • I am actually patiently over analysing right now

0|0
    0|0
  • Ohh yes

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course

0|0
    0|0
  • Who doesn't? What goes around comes around.

0|0
    0|0
  • Constantly

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes!

0|0
    0|0
  • Boys don't think about that shit

0|0
    0|3
  • Oh yes

0|0
    0|0
  • WGAF.

0|0
    0|0
    • You should'nt have such insecurities.

• It happens, and most of the time they were just playing with me. And i knew they were

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes