How can you tell if you're being stood up?

Is the reason they can't see you legit?
Have you ever stood someone up or been stood up? What kind of excuse did u make or were u told? If you were stood up how'd you deal with it? Did you move on or move past it? If you stood someone up why? Could you be with someone after something like that? Or is it no big deal?
What if they reschedule for the next day? Or reasonably soon. Do u still feel stood up?

79

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Is the reason they can't see you legit?
    Sometimes u can't tell for sure but sometimes it just SOUNDS like a bunch of bullshit especially if they always do that and have an excuse.
    2. Have you ever stood someone up or been stood up?
    No. Yes.
    3. What kind of excuse did u make or were u told?
    My car broke down, I can't find a babysitter (his fav excuse even though HE was the one who repeatedly asked me out, pick the day and time) etc.
    4. If you were stood up how'd you deal with it? I was PISSED. lol I didn't talk to him for a few weeks. I cancelled plans for him all the time, double check with him the DAY of and ALL the time he would either not respond at all or throw me yet another excuse.
    Did you move on or move past it?
    I moved on eventually to another guy.
    5. Could you be with someone after something like that? Or is it no big deal?
    I mean I gave him tons of chances but eventually the excuses got old. So I cut him off for good

• Some of your answers got me thinking. It's insane how much we let slide when we're into someone. Especially early in the relationship. I don't know why, I just thought it was noteworthy

• I tried sending you a message but couldn't.

• Why don't u try following me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I want to read the comments, because i think this could be an important issue with the generation's of today. And itll be a bigger problem for the generations of the future, if we do not figure out a solution that is for lack of a better word. GOOD.

68
  • I have never stood somebody up and would not stand up a guy unless he seemed insecure and clingy in a very selfish and immature way or unless he lies to me about his age.

• I've been stood up before. I even went to get my makeup done and bought new clothes. I had a feeling he was going to stand me up so I texted him if he was still up to meet. He never responded.

Just stuff that happens. If you don't want to be embarrassed text them to confirm if hey don't answer then just walk away

• I drove an hour to meet a girl for a first date that I met online and as soon as she saw me she walked out of the restaurant and then texted me with some bs excuse.

• I couldn't have wrote this better myself. You aren't the only one my friend. I'll tell ya I don't even get excited about a date anymore.

• @red324 I feel you.
      I'm exhausted with all of it. I'm not being deliberately cynical but if the relationships around me are anu indication of what I have to look forward to when it does work out, I'm even less sure what I'm fighting for

• I had a guy ask me out over text. He was friends with my guy friends from college and I vaguely knew who he was. So I said yes. He had a day and place picked out but once I texted him about what time, I never heard from him again. I brushed it off and left it. Moved on because I barely knew the guy anyway.

• 1. Check a few hours beforehand to confirm your date is on.
    2. Once they are 15 minutes late, text them. Give them maybe 10 minutes to reply.
    3. If their reply is not "I'm on the way right now!" then leave.

• I've run into it a couple of times, but I've never done it myself. It just feels so disrespectful.
    One girl's friend's mother fell down the stairs.
    Another decided to get facemasks with her roommates.
    Another misunderstood the time (and she really did. She was cool, but we didn't work out).
    Another had to spontaneously travel to another state for a dying relative (Tinder distance was the same as before).

It sucks, and I've definitely questioned my self worth. But honestly, some people are just flaky. Maybe I wasn't for them, but that doesn't mean I'm not worth someone's time.

If she doesn't make an effort to set up a second date, it's not worth it. At that point, she clearly shows passing interest. Window shopping, at best.

• I imagine you can tell that you are being stood up if they never show up to your date and don’t provide any explanation afterwards. I’ve never stood someone up since I think that is similar to ghosting and both are disrespectful. I sorta got stood up for a date before, but it was just my boyfriend at the time honestly mixed up the day of the date. It was all good, people are only human and he was so remorseful that he messed up that I had no issue with giving him a second chance. I think if that was our first date, then maybe I’d be more hesitant about overlooking something like that, but I already knew his personality by that point and how it was a simple error.

• It seems it would be a bigger deal if it was like a first date and you don’t know the person well, as well as if they don’t explain the situation and apologize.

• Count to 1000 after the initial meetup time. After you're done, leave, you're being stood up.

• I have stood women up and actually tell them the truth and been called a lier

• Treat it like baseball. There strikes and your out

• If they left you on read.

• You did not come.
      And marching time drew on and wore me numb.
      Yet less for loss of your dear presence there that I thus found lacking in your make, that high compassion which can overbear, reluctance for pure lovingkindesses sake.
      Grieved I when, as the hope hour stroked it's sum,
      You did not come
      You love not me
      And love alone can lend you loyalty, I know and knew it, yet unto the store of human deeds devine in all but name, was it not worth a little hour or more of you time, to come to soothe a time torn man, even though it be.. you love not me?

Or words to that effect - Thomas Hardy poetry.

• I've been stood up lol

• Dont chase thwm its a wast of ur time

• Ask them...

• They never come