Is it cheating if I date someone else while on a "break" with my boyfriend?

Basically, my boyfriend told me that he wants to be by himself for a while because he's young and still getting to know himself. He also said that we aren't broken up or anything but I don't understand what he means. I kind of met this other dude and he wants to take me on a date. Would that be cheating? I don't know wtf a break is.
  • Yes
  • No

2867

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmm, sounds like your "bf" is keeping you around while he can do whatever he wants. How childish is that? People dont take breaks. Either your together or your not. Go on a date with this guy. Your "bf" is stringing you along. It almost sounds like he may even be looking for someone else. If you want, ask him what he meens and tell him your not waiting around for him and there's someone else who wants to take you out. That will make him get his sht together. If you dont wanna ask him, go on the date with this new guy. See what happens. You may like him more then your current guy. That's what I would do anyways. Good luck

Most Helpful Guy

• Technically it's not cheating but it's a big mistake to do that because he will be livid when he finds out. That's if he still cares about you. I went to through that with my girlfriend and I knew that's a big No No that could kill the whole deal

• So, what was the point of the break? I feel like it's basically a temporary break up.

• She just needed time for herself to take it easy for a while I gave her the space. We got back together and she moved in with me and we traveled the world after all of that. Don't blow it by dating other people. Its still early in the game for you. Give him the space that he needs and try to work it out down the road