I can’t stop crying: I feel ugly?

I literally had a whole crying fit tonight. I’m tired of being single and alone. I feel so ugly. I gained a lot of weight. I can’t lose it. I hate my nose. I hate my face. I hate my lips. I just wish I could die sometimes.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't worry, that's a common phase among us under 18 people. It'll pass.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• How old are you? Because if you are as young as you profile says then you being single isn't unusual, in fact I would say its normal (hell I didn't start dating until my 20s). If you feel bad about yourself you can fix that however, first and foremost if you feel like your fat (and feeling fat is different then being fat, every woman seems to feel fat, not as many women are) you can always diet and exercise (but first figure out if you actually are overweight because chances are its minor). Second, looks, generally people are far harsher on themselves when it comes to their looks, in fact studies have shown people consistently rate themselves as lower in attractiveness then they actually are. Third if your single chances are your behavior (or age, seriously if you are under 18 its not that big of a deal to be single) is what is causing it. If your shy for instance, that can come off as distant and uninterested, if your to afraid to have a conversation that's obviously going to hamper things. If your always with friends that won't help either as its intimidating enough for guys to approach a girl he is interested in let alone the girl he is interested in with an audience watching his potential failure. If your not one for going out and about, you are also limiting the chances of some one being able to approach you (it would be rather disturbing if some one came into your home to ask you out, little stalkerish). Also being depressed isn't going to help either as moods are infectious and no one wants to be made miserable, so being happy and confident will actually make you happy and confident because people will respond much more positively to you (being genuine and sincere will also help for the same reason, people want to be around those types of people). So do any of these things sound like something you might be doing?

1|0
    0|0
  • I would not worry about having relationships at your age. I got into a long term relationship when I was 13 it all ended badly when I was 19. Which has had an emotional effect on my in my adult life, which I am in counselling for now. Enjoy being on your own, do things that you enjoy, concentrate on yourself, if you put weight on you can get rid of this by doing exercise. Learn to love yourself first. Then you can love someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • You and me both girl its almost summer and its break out season for me i hate it and i can't tone up i think everythi g im doing is wrong and im all alone everytime i see a cute girl she's already take or "not intrested" or just plane unreadable. Just know your not alone and death is never the answer just try to fight through it day by day and try yoga that help me a lot my yoga is DDPYOGA its really is intesne and good for your legs arms everything.

0|0
    0|0
  • ok you are literally under 18 and are stressing you are I'm guessing an introvert the best you should do for now is learn new things and attain some skills. Like coding, karate/mma, instruments basically anything you always wanted to its fun its helpful and you always meet new people when you have new talents on

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you tired of being lonely or are you scared of being alone? Once you understand the difference between them two, you can get closure sooner than you think.

Stop judging yourself based on the degree of your social acceptance. Before you search for love from another, learn to love yourself first. If you cannot love yourself why should anyone else? Also, you are still under 18. Give yourself time and you will blossom flawlessly xo

Also, if it makes you feel any better, I have a big ass nose that could be spotted a mile away lol

0|1
    0|0
    • I moved cities and gained a lot of weight that somehow decided to stay in my face. I tried to work out /eat properly, starve myself. None of it is working. I’m tired of being friendless, not having guys my age like me instead of old creepy guys staring at me on the street. I hate not being able to take pictures when I go special places (travelling overseas.) my pimple scars show, my facial asymmetry, my uneven eyebrows, my full lips (which are slanted in pictures bc one side is fuller than the other), my nose which is SMALL but my nostrils go out instead of going in (if u know what I mean)

• Stick to working out and eating properly. However, do not half arse it by giving up after a month or so. Is going to be a long journey but once you accomplished your goal, is going to feel incredible.

I am pretty sure you are not the female version of the Elephant Man. Do not give up by being so hard on yourself. Try home remedies for the scars, groom yourself, take care of yourself, love yourself and MAINTAIN YOURSELF. Just put a little bit of effort and you will see a difference.

• I literally spent so much money and time on treatment, nothing works. And what makes everything worse is how people compliment me & tell me I’m pretty, when I know inside that I’m not.

• Start by taking a time out to calm down.
    Accept things are the way right now and focus on where you want to be.
    Being alone sucks major, but this won't be forever.
    Check how and why you gained weight and make an adjustment. Don't go for a crash diet or anything like that. Those things are bad for your body and will make things worse in the long run. It only works short term and that is not what you want.
    Gaining weight can be a lot of things. Talk to your doctor if you can't figure it out or need help for this.
    Start doing some exercise. This not only will help you loose weight, but will regain energy for you and is a boost for your feeling good. About yourself, about life and about your future.
    When you are feeling good about yourself again you'll feel and project more confidence and positivity and than in turn attracts people. Meanwhile stick with close friends who can be there for you and can help you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Many women and teens have body issues these days. Like all women, such must seek relationships with men who are sensitive to this and who consider the personality rather than the physical to be the important thing.

Finding such, however, is rare, and seeking it in a relationship can best be described as risky. The individual might find herself objectified or abused by her partner, making her situation worse.

The wisest and safest course, therefore, is to be helped to develop self esteem before entering something as serious as a personal relationship. Parents, close friends and family, councillors at work or school, spiritual (church) leaders, and in the most extreme cases professionals, may be sought as avenues for the development of such self esteem.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well you can see what people would rate you im sure you aren't bad missy, have some confidence

0|0
    0|0
  • Stay strong sis

0|0
    0|0
  • It gets better. Trust me on this.

0|0
    0|0
    • I’ve been telling myself that for years.

• Show All
    • In many cases it's covered by insurance. You wouldn't go for a long time, just long enough to help you accept yourself.

• My mother thinks it’s a phase and that I’ll get over it

• Fast. Go vegan. Work out. Seek God. Presto.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes