Is it actually disrespectful to approach women nowadays?

I recently saw a similar question on here and a good amount of women said "it's disrespectful to approach women you don't know" and " if they approach me it only means they want sex". Then you have women who complain that men don't approach anymore. Is there a grey area of a way that you can approach or am I missing something?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It's because there are too many people ( us guys) that have no class and make sex/rude comments girls/ladies. Ask any hot girls what they go through. I remember going to department stores with my daughter and we would separate looking at things. I would always look out for her and notice guys checking her out saying stuff whatever and then I would step in. What's worse is that this started when she was 15. And the guys, we'll they were as old as I.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea in my area when ever I'm around highschool girls, grown men cat call or slow down in their car to stare at them so I definitely know what you're talking about.

• Depends how you approach them to be honest.

My style is to make them laugh and I distract them with too many things for them to notice I've just gone from complete stranger to possible romantic interest.

But its SOOO much harder in my hometown because they think all strangers are sex addicts...

Even by clise friends I've been labelled "too flirty" which wasn't even me trying...

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• it's not at all disrespectful to approach a woman. just some men tend to do it in a disrespectful manner, but if you are polite, that's fine. some women don't want to be approached, some do like it, the only way to know is to give it a go and talk to her. she may into it, she may not, but that's not disrespectful.

1|1
    0|0
  • If you don’t know what it means to be respectful while approaching someone, then you shouldn’t. Full stop.

1|1
    0|1
    • That would make sense but I've been told simply coming up to someone and saying hi is disrespectful. So could you enlighten me wuth your take on what's respectful?

• Show All
    • Thank you, I never thought about it like that.

• Empathy 101.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Women are crazy, just find a good girl that has her head on straight because most of them have a few screws loose.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you’re not creepy, approach away

0|0
    1|0
  • Not very

0|0
    0|0
  • She is right

0|0
    0|0
  • Iife is full of wonders

0|0
    0|0
  • It used to be that people accepted it. However with the rise of dating apps more and more women have the view that if they wanted you to approach they’d have swiped right on you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can approach by making it seem like it’s an accidental encounter. It works best with women, because we usually have our guards up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Then WTF is a guy supposed to do?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes