How would you interpret what he said?

Hello,

I’ve been with my first boyfriend now for 8 months. My mom and best friend keep bringing up that if I don’t start doing more than hugging him goodbye than he will leave. (They don’t mean having sex, just like to point that out)
I asked him about it and his response was as followed: (I said before “Does it bother you that I just hug you?”)

“No, not really, because I don't want to push anything on you, whatever you’re comfortable with I'm comfortable with”

How would you interpret that?
If you’re a male, would that bother you if all I’ve done is hug you after 8 months?

Also,
He just recently turned 16, and I’m 16 in December of this year. ))

I took that as he won’t push me into anything I don’t wanna do and he’s fine with simply hugging. Yet, if I were to kiss him or hold hands or such with him that wouldn’t bother him.

Thank you for whatever response/ advice or anything else given.

014

Most Helpful Guy

• Well im like him, no rush, thats a true boyfriend right there, you should be happy, you have no idea how many girls have sex because they think they are force too, he is putting no pressure on you what so ever, i honestly think you should start giving him kisses, at least on the cheek, he is a good boyfriend and he seems supportive

• I know he is aha. I got a rare guy, that’s for sure. It’s sad how girls do that. I’m very happy and I’m very thankful he respects whatever I have to say. Thank you for the advice. I’ll keep that in mind!

• Better to be kind than to be a douche. Thank you again.