How would you interpret what he said?

Hello,

I’ve been with my first boyfriend now for 8 months. My mom and best friend keep bringing up that if I don’t start doing more than hugging him goodbye than he will leave. (They don’t mean having sex, just like to point that out)
I asked him about it and his response was as followed: (I said before “Does it bother you that I just hug you?”)

“No, not really, because I don't want to push anything on you, whatever you’re comfortable with I'm comfortable with”

How would you interpret that?
If you’re a male, would that bother you if all I’ve done is hug you after 8 months?

Also,
He just recently turned 16, and I’m 16 in December of this year. ))

I took that as he won’t push me into anything I don’t wanna do and he’s fine with simply hugging. Yet, if I were to kiss him or hold hands or such with him that wouldn’t bother him.

Thank you for whatever response/ advice or anything else given.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well im like him, no rush, thats a true boyfriend right there, you should be happy, you have no idea how many girls have sex because they think they are force too, he is putting no pressure on you what so ever, i honestly think you should start giving him kisses, at least on the cheek, he is a good boyfriend and he seems supportive

1|2
    0|0
    • I know he is aha. I got a rare guy, that’s for sure. It’s sad how girls do that. I’m very happy and I’m very thankful he respects whatever I have to say. Thank you for the advice. I’ll keep that in mind!

• Show All
    • Better to be kind than to be a douche. Thank you again.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It means he respects your boundaries. It's a good thing. Do what you're comfortable with, and tell him what that is. Explain what you're okay with, and what you aren't. That way he can better work within what you feel okay with. Ask him to tell you the same, then you do the same for him. Being in a relationship is all about communication and boundaries. Keep it up, kiddos.

1|1
    0|0
    • Thank you! Appreciate it!

• You guys are young... no need to rush on things... take it step by step... as you grow older u will realize what are the next steps to be taken... and if in the future he leaves dont think he left you becaise you were just giving him hugs... priorities mentality chamges as you grow older

1|0
    0|0
  • I mean after 8 months? Yea I'd be gone.

But you're like 15 so I think it's not that big of a deal. Still though your parents and friend have a point.

1|0
    0|0
    • Ha, I get it. Thanks for the reply!

• Let me translate what he said into plain speak: "I would like to go further but because I love and respect you I'm waiting for you to be comfortable first." So basically he's a nice guy and is waiting on you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for translating into plain speech aha.

• You're both 16... No need to rush anything... Just enjoy what you are happy doing for now and you know you still have many years ahead for other things...

1|0
    0|0
    • Same as I thought. Thank you!

• You are only 16. In this age it is enough to hug him. You can have him as your best friend for ever but if you want him as your partner for hole life you just have to wait for a perfect time and do whatever makes him happy.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's good to know there's still boys in this new generation that still respect girls

And he's still holding up after 8 months... he's a keeper

1|0
    0|0
    • It is good to know. It’s rare and I’m thankful for him. That’s for sure. Thank you for the reply!

• Anytime

May I follow you?

• Sounds like me when I was younger so yeah seems like he respects you an honestly I'd of thought your mother and best friend would of been happy about that.

1|0
    0|0
    • He does. They’re protective of me but they just warn me incase so I don’t get my hopes up too high. Thank ya for the reply.

• Hello, I understand where you're coming from completely! It honestly depends on the person, but personally, I don't want my girlfriend to do anything she is uncomfortable with unless she wants to. I want her to be safe, but most importantly, pure. If she is going to... Try stuff (which i know you said you wouldn't) i would be upset due to the fact that she is willing to... Do stuff with a kid that she isn't into a fully committed relationship with. She hugs me, but doesn't kiss, or much really for that matter, but she is comfortable, which makes me happy knowing that she is safe, and not going to stress out... But an occasional kiss on the cheek and holding hands is always appreciated! But honestly, if he gets upset and leaves... Then you shouldn't have bothered with him to begin with. Best of luck! And don't forget, he would treat you like a mutha fudgin queen XD

1|0
    0|0
  • It's exactly as you say. Sounds like a good guy

1|0
    0|0
  • I think hugs are fine

1|0
    0|0
  • He respects you it seems

1|0
    0|0
    • He does. Thank ya for the reply.