How do I understand "transgender" in a Tinder profile?

There are lots of hot girls profiles in TA, and many of them are transgender. I actually don't get it from Wikipedia - so, please, explain me somebody, what is it about and what to expect

32

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are looking for women and a transgender person pops up in your screen, then they are/were a man, and now are (or are pretending to be, depending on how you view it) a woman. They may or may not have the right anatomy, so take that as you will..

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s when someone is born either male or female but they want to be the opposite sex. So if someone is born male but they want to be female and make the transition to do so they are labeled as Transgender.