Guy who just got out of a relationship is pursuing me? Am I a rebound?

Almost a year ago, a new cute guy named Chris started working at my job. I initially thought he was attractive but I was in a relationship myself, so I didn't make a move.

A month or so later, my boyfriend and I broke up, so I made a move on Chris and asked him out over Facebook one night. He was honest and said although he thought I was really cute, he was working on things with his on/off again girlfriend.

He ended up changing jobs (got a better job offer), so I didn't really see him after that. But just a week ago, he sent me a Facebook message and we started talking. He told me he and his ex had broken up not long ago and that it was for the best. Eventually, later on that night, he asked me out and I agreed.

I told my coworkers the following day and they were not shocked. They said to me, "we all knew he liked you, it was obvious!" But I guess I didn't realize. Another guy I work with said that Chris had mentioned to him that he thought I was attractive before, and that he could tell he was into me before because of the way he always acted around me.

He's been messaging me "good morning" and he's been talking to me after work pretty much everyday since he asked me out (our date is tomorrow). It seems like he really does have interest in me.

The only thing that worries me is that I don't want this to be a rebound situation. I know they have a young daughter together and have been together for a few years on and off, and the way he mentioned it was like the breakup had happened not long ago. But maybe it was drawn out?

Do you think I should give this a real chance, or am I just the rebound?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't make yourself a rebound it sounds like the guy is really into u and u have to give him credit for being upfront with u while he was still with his ex so right there makes him a decent guy , he liked u for a long time so just take your time with him you don't have to rush anything take things slow. I honestly don't think you are a rebound considering he was upfront with you and waited until his relationship was over with his ex and he waited til it was official til he made an official pass at you so again I think the guy has decency , you would be a rebound if he hooked up with you the second he broke off with his ex but it sounds like he waited until it was official so get that rebound thought out of your head and date this guy and take your time u don't need to rush anything

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think take it really slow and then you will be able to tell if he is over his ex or not. If he has not long been single then it maybe still raw even if he is ready to move on and date. Best thing to do is build a friendship 1st and see where it goes from there

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You're the rebound. If it was genuine, he would have kept you as a friend even after leaving your work. Knowing he broke up with his girlfriend and immediately started talking to you, he probably thinks you're the easiest person to rebound with, especially knowing you already expressed your interest in him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do whatever YOU and fucking you ONLY think and KNOW is right. Be wise. We're all human beings! ASSESS what's Infront of you. If you don't like or feel comfortable then end this pursual. Take your time. Be friends. COMMUNICATE

0|0
    0|0
  • I once broke up with a girl because I knew I liked a girl I was working with more. I wasn't sure she liked me, I just knew it wasn't fair to keep going out with the first girl. After we split up I asked out the girl I worked with. Could be that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't sound like a rebound. Go on the date, it won't hurt you, you can then afterwards decide if it was a rebound or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you just broke up with your ex not that long ago, maybe he thinks you're using him as a rebound...

Just go with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think you are a rebound, you guys had connection before but the timing wasn't right. Now you can both give it a try and see if it can work

0|0
    0|0
  • That plot twist came out of nowhere. Good job. 4/5 stars

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.. but he been eyeing u for a while. Even when he was I was the relationdship

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, but if your a good rebound, you could fill the void she left him with

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe things just finally lined up for you both.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait a sec... isn't he just YOUR rebound?

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, you're a rebound

0|0
    0|0
  • Idu. What do you mean

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep all we want is sex

0|0
    0|0
  • He is in to you, give him a chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes
    Of course

0|0
    0|0
  • Find out the details of his break up. If he broke it off, then I don't see it being a rebound. Or if he had been feeling like he wanted to end it for a long time, but she made it happen, it probably isn't a rebound.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is a tough one. I can see signs that point to it being a rebound, but at the same time, he’s shown interest in you before. I would obviously go on the date tomorrow and see what happens. I think you’ll know by the end of the date whether this is just a rebound situation for him, or if there is something more there.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes