Guy who just got out of a relationship is pursuing me? Am I a rebound?

Almost a year ago, a new cute guy named Chris started working at my job. I initially thought he was attractive but I was in a relationship myself, so I didn't make a move.

A month or so later, my boyfriend and I broke up, so I made a move on Chris and asked him out over Facebook one night. He was honest and said although he thought I was really cute, he was working on things with his on/off again girlfriend.

He ended up changing jobs (got a better job offer), so I didn't really see him after that. But just a week ago, he sent me a Facebook message and we started talking. He told me he and his ex had broken up not long ago and that it was for the best. Eventually, later on that night, he asked me out and I agreed.

I told my coworkers the following day and they were not shocked. They said to me, "we all knew he liked you, it was obvious!" But I guess I didn't realize. Another guy I work with said that Chris had mentioned to him that he thought I was attractive before, and that he could tell he was into me before because of the way he always acted around me.

He's been messaging me "good morning" and he's been talking to me after work pretty much everyday since he asked me out (our date is tomorrow). It seems like he really does have interest in me.

The only thing that worries me is that I don't want this to be a rebound situation. I know they have a young daughter together and have been together for a few years on and off, and the way he mentioned it was like the breakup had happened not long ago. But maybe it was drawn out?

Do you think I should give this a real chance, or am I just the rebound?

218

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't make yourself a rebound it sounds like the guy is really into u and u have to give him credit for being upfront with u while he was still with his ex so right there makes him a decent guy , he liked u for a long time so just take your time with him you don't have to rush anything take things slow. I honestly don't think you are a rebound considering he was upfront with you and waited until his relationship was over with his ex and he waited til it was official til he made an official pass at you so again I think the guy has decency , you would be a rebound if he hooked up with you the second he broke off with his ex but it sounds like he waited until it was official so get that rebound thought out of your head and date this guy and take your time u don't need to rush anything

Most Helpful Girl

• I think take it really slow and then you will be able to tell if he is over his ex or not. If he has not long been single then it maybe still raw even if he is ready to move on and date. Best thing to do is build a friendship 1st and see where it goes from there