Guys! What are the first thoughts that crosses your minds when a girl mentions "She's an independent women" on dates or on dating websites profiles?

To me: Thoughts crosses my head that she may be manipulative, arrogant, stubborn or some what controlling, and it kinda freaks me out contrary because my nature is not to be told what to do & I don't think me & an arrogant person in a relationship would go together well.

What thoughts crosses yours when she says or mentions on a date or dating profile "I'm an independent women"?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I’ve always found that women who feel the need to label themselves as a “strong independent woman” are generally doing so because men have found them aggressive, abrasive and unfeminine which ultimately lowers their attractiveness when dating.
    Not everyone wants meek and submissive, but there is a line with being confident and self sufficient vs arrogant and overbearing. It’s just always been the case that those who give themselves the label fit into the latter

0|1
    0|0
    • The thing is.. if she strongly believes she is a "strong independent women".. why she gotta bring that up to men in dating life to begin with?

It all gives me the wrong impression that they try to win or prove a point to a man by saying that.. while at the same time they are trying to seek or find their true love. It just will not work as I can sense very well that two drivers can not be on same steering wheel.

• You’ve just reworded exactly what I said 🤷🏻‍♀️

Most Helpful Guy

• A turn off. It would be like two men living together.
    Or else, imagine a car with a steering wheel and a driver on each side, and both drivers trying to control the car at the same time.

1|0
    0|0
    • @Dchrls78104 I agree with your analogy. But why do men feel as such? Are you stating you would prefer a submissive woman in your life?

• Show All
    • @AwesomeCookie The Bible does say that women should be submissive to their husbands. The Bible says also that women should love their husbands. But it also condemns any mistreatment, objectification, or degradation. It makes clear that God will not hear the prayers of any man who abuses his wife. It even says that such a man is unfit for any office in the church.

• @Bklynoor Are you Muslim? If so, what does the Quran say on the subject?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• @Bklynoor I consider myself highly independent. I do not feel that I am manipulative, since I don't put that much effort into relationships... But I am stubborn. Not arrogant, but highly opinionated. Although I don't feel that I am a control freak, I do call the shots in my household. What I say goes, since I'm the only one holding it down.
    Would prefer a submissive woman? Most men are not open to a woman pulling all the strings... But independent women also know they can do and go without the other half so maybe you're afraid you won't be valued as much? Or is it more of a personality clash because like @Dchrls78104 it's like having 2 drivers, so 2 alpha personalities clashing?

1|0
    0|1
    • 2 Drivers.

• Show All
    • Good luck

• Yes it does. Your professing a controlling nature.

• Oh that sounds like two checks to me! Hahaha naw seriously though I love that. I'm not a needy guy, I love a woman with her own life who won't harass me every 10 minutes. But it may also mean that she is currently non committal, or she just wants you to know that she's a big girl and takes care of her self... good for her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I normally see it as a "we'll see" kinda deal. Because more often than not they only think they are. And when it comes to a serious relationship they don't know what they are doing. Most people like the idea of independence, but not the actual thing itself

0|0
    0|0
  • Positive ones! First of all this behavious is pretty uncommon, people that stand out are most times the interesting ones. As long as she is not arrogant about it and behaves decent I am very fine with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, I will mean she is a strong girl. And the effect of it I will realise after meeting her. If she is good, it will make her better to me. If she is dam, it will make her worst to me.

Means it will make feelings deeper, good or bad any

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m sure she is...

0|0
    1|0
  • Squirrel

0|0
    0|0
    • Squirrel? 😂😂😂😆😆😆 how come?

• Show All
    • See a neurologist my friend. Lol

• All I'm saying is they would say they are independent and I would be like okay and continue on what I was doing because it's not a big deal

• That she doesn't need me.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's a huge fuck up

0|0
    0|0
  • It annoys me

0|0
    1|0
  • Not relationship or marrying material.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes