Guys! What are the first thoughts that crosses your minds when a girl mentions "She's an independent women" on dates or on dating websites profiles?

To me: Thoughts crosses my head that she may be manipulative, arrogant, stubborn or some what controlling, and it kinda freaks me out contrary because my nature is not to be told what to do & I don't think me & an arrogant person in a relationship would go together well.

What thoughts crosses yours when she says or mentions on a date or dating profile "I'm an independent women"?

211

Most Helpful Girl

• I’ve always found that women who feel the need to label themselves as a “strong independent woman” are generally doing so because men have found them aggressive, abrasive and unfeminine which ultimately lowers their attractiveness when dating.
    Not everyone wants meek and submissive, but there is a line with being confident and self sufficient vs arrogant and overbearing. It’s just always been the case that those who give themselves the label fit into the latter

• The thing is.. if she strongly believes she is a "strong independent women".. why she gotta bring that up to men in dating life to begin with?

It all gives me the wrong impression that they try to win or prove a point to a man by saying that.. while at the same time they are trying to seek or find their true love. It just will not work as I can sense very well that two drivers can not be on same steering wheel.

• You’ve just reworded exactly what I said 🤷🏻‍♀️

Most Helpful Guy

• A turn off. It would be like two men living together.
    Or else, imagine a car with a steering wheel and a driver on each side, and both drivers trying to control the car at the same time.

• @Dchrls78104 I agree with your analogy. But why do men feel as such? Are you stating you would prefer a submissive woman in your life?

• @AwesomeCookie The Bible does say that women should be submissive to their husbands. The Bible says also that women should love their husbands. But it also condemns any mistreatment, objectification, or degradation. It makes clear that God will not hear the prayers of any man who abuses his wife. It even says that such a man is unfit for any office in the church.

• @Bklynoor Are you Muslim? If so, what does the Quran say on the subject?