At what age do you think men stop really wanting a life partner and become happier alone?

I’ve dated a lot of men from 20’s to 40’s and it seems like at a certain point men seem happier just being alone and don’t want to put in any real work to find someone. Anyone else have thoughts on this or notice something similar? I think I’m just giving up and not going to be dating anymore for awhile. I know I’m a great person and would be a great partner and a catch, but I have just sensed this trend overall. Thinking the next step is getting a dog.

210

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say this happens more after the 30's because for most guys, the testosterone haze dies down enough where they gain more control.

I've been single for ages and plan to keep it that way. Only one girl in the last 10 years made me briefly reevaluate my stance, but after about 2 days of weighing up the pro's and cons, freedom still won out.

Bear in mind the girl was an attractive, half my age (she thought we were the same age though), very intelligent, well spoken, and easy to get along with girl.

• So if I’m dating, am I better off approaching guys in their 20s?

• Guys in their 20's are more likely yo just want sex and many will see women a few years older as some kind of conquest to tell their friends. I know guys that are in their 50's that say they are looking for a relationship, but when you examine their real motivation, it is sex.

You need to find a guy that truly knows himself including his unconscious and conscious intent. The problem is not so much age, but level of consciousness.

What are you really looking for?

• A companion and partner

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s not just men.

But by 35-40, you stop caring about societal pressure so much and do what works best for you. Some people are better alone.

• Perhaps, if that’s what you really want... But I think my problem has been finding an equal partner

• There are guys looking for that too. It just takes longer to meet people in our 30s.

• I’ve seen that mid 40s relationships seem to bloom as people are more emotionally healthy after getting over their first marriage ending.