Would you date someone who had the same name as your ex or a sibling?

Why or why not?
Updates:
I’m dating someone with my brothers name. It’s only awkward during sex and I say his name. For 28 years, that name has been my brother

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I went on a run of "Jennifer's" . Went through 4 over a couple years. It was a popular name in my day, so I think that is why it happened..

0|0
    0|0
    • PS- In regards to the siblings, my current girlfriend, I have the same name as her brother. They hate each other. He goes by the actual name and I go by a nickname (He is Robert, I go by Bob). When they fight she will say "you are MY Robert. But you are Bob to me." I assume if we had the same name that couldn't be screwed with, I would be called a pet name of some sort.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure why not 😃

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It kinds of get a bit awkward as matter of fact dear Anberlin, but sometimes it works, I don't really know how.
    When it bothers you if it is the name of an ex, then it means you are not totally over that ex or something is still hanging on their inside of you.
    If it is a sibling, then it gets a bit awkward at first, but not for too long, after you get used to it, it kind of fades away in my own honest opinion.

Hopefully you are getting used to the situation and things are going great with your partner.

Feel free to invite me to your posts dear, as always my pleasure to share and participate with honest opinions. You can also message me anytime in case you need an advice or someone to listen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. Why would you NOT? Give him a pet name and call him that, or maybe he's already got a nick name. It's crazy to think I wouldn't date a girl because she has the same name as my sister!

0|0
    0|0
  • I did. I keep meeting "Sarah". My ex wife was Sara. My first fuck buddy was Sarah, now I have a sub named Sarah. Like holy fuck! But I don't care. I get my dick wet, it's all good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I couldn't. I can't explain why but I just can't

0|0
    0|0
  • hey i dated a girl with the same name as a dog i had at the same time

0|0
    0|0
  • Saying my sisters name while having sex would be just too weird

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. Lots of people have the same names. I wouldn't avoid someone because of their name.

0|0
    0|0
  • No just too weird

0|0
    0|0
  • Uh, no. Not ever

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, it wouldn't bother me

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe if they had a nickname