Whats with the hot and cold?

So... Im 29 ... Iv been called a "well put together woman." I'm physically attractive, street smart, educated. I have passions. I whip a fucking kung fu bo staff for fun... I can DJ, I pole dance, I write a book called #Chickensoupforthecynicalsoul ( a book of life epiphanies... there's more to it but i digress), I do yoga and Acro yoga (partner acrobatic yoga), I can sing well, I go the gym and I'm in great shape, I don't look my age, and I'm spiritual, I'm certified in Reiki and Im fun, I know how to have a good time. I can dress up and be your arm candy at a classy shin dig with all the upper crusty shmucks and fit right in, or go and drop LSD with you in a pink bear onesie at a music festival AND if our tent gets rained out on the first day I will Rig you up a PROPER Philly trash bag tent... Im a go getter and I live my life to the fullest... I don't feel like a bad catch at all.

The area of my life that I struggle with the most is romantic relationships and lately men do this thing with me. We'll have a connection and for whatever reason (usually admitted fear on their part possibly among other things i dunno) they will push me away. BUT, they don't push me away to lose me... they wanna have me and have my shit on lock... but from a distance... Mind you Iv both chased before in this situation which never works so lately I just give space and kind of let the pace be dictated but same result.. it doesn't really matter what I do.. what is with this? I'm so over it.
I dust my sneaker off and keep it moving but it doesn't mean I am not bothered by the fact.. It makes me wonder what in me attracts this.

My best friends opinion is that it is the age and culture we live in, that she finds herself pushing men away all the time, and that it isn't me. I kind of agree about this but I just don't understand why its like this.

I'm just down for more opinions.. plzzzzzzzzz

Honestly, I just want a kindred spirit at this point in my life, mutual inspiration, and someone that is comfortable and won't push me away... cus fuck that...

012

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they’re threatened or intimidated by you. Sounds like you’re quite the girl and you’re up for anything. Maybe they feel they can’t compete with that and it’s not that they don’t like you they just don’t know how to be in that type of a relationship. So many people only know one way to be and if life doesn’t fit into societies cookie cutter pattern then they don’t know what to do and tear it down as something must be wrong with it. It does suck and I hope you find your kindred spirit soon 😘