How do I cope with repeated rejection?

haven't been having the best luck with women all together, some claimed I was too nice and others said I wasn't in their racial preference barrier. All these great friendships end up in a hopeless friendzone because of me and I barely have friends due to aspergers which turns people away anyway.

My only nonrejection was due to me faking my personality which lasted for a while.

Its been years since my first rejection and every single one pops up in my head hourly, its painful thinking about it.

Im at the point of giving up to find some way to get rid of this pain. Any ideas?

1266

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes rejection is very unpleasant, and if you really liked the person then it can be hurtful. but instead of focusing on the memories and drowning in self pity, you should take them as lessons, so you will be better next time. You should stop being afraid of rejection, that way it won't affect you. you get too emotionally attached to a girl before you even make a move it seems, so it hurts even more. go out there and practice. go and start chatting up girls, many of them. if they reject you don't be sad, just learn from what you did wrong and talk to the next girl differently. it will be scary at first, but eventually your confidence will grow and you will not care if you get rejected cause there are so many other girls out there. girls like confident guys, it's attractive and sexy. so go out and practice. soon you will be good at this and learn what girls want. work on yourself, improve yourself to a person you want to be. when you feel good about yourself, girls will take notice

Most Helpful Guy

• It is part of the package. Even successful guys have to deal with rejection. The difference is they don't get hung up and don't take it personally, so it is no big deal.

Tips: There is no excuse to be rejected more than once by a woman. One time tells you all you need to know. That means NEXT.

Don't buddy your way in. It is a bad move and rarely ever works. Enter in as a friend, it likely will always be a friend.

Rejection happens because you are attracted to someone not attracted to you. Attraction is not a choice. The same way you cannot help being attracted to them, they cannot help not being attracted to you. It is simply a mismatch. Move on. Be prepared to get rejected 100 times. If 100 rejections leads to 1 yes, then that is what you have to endure to get what you want.

Only you are responsible for your own happiness. If you want it, go get it. Just don't expect it to show up on a silver platter. It takes time, patience, and work to accomplish.