How do you tell you parents that you are dating someone?

I'm 22 years old and never had a girlfriend before, I've known this girl for 5 years now through online bit we started meeting up etc and we've become close over that past few months to a point where we both decided we should date. However her mum knows about her but my family don't really know I'm so close with her and especially not for 5 years. I've explained to her that I need to tell my parents about her etc and if she'd give me some time to work my way around to it because my parents are quite old fashioned like dating someone 1 hour away is not normal. Also she's American and black too which again isn't normal for my family who have dated white people forever. Im just struggling to bring up the idea to them and I feel if I wait too long this girl is going to not be interested and rightly so.

110

Most Helpful Guy

• Your parents will accept her mate, and if not, you are fucking 22, an adult who is allowed to make his own choises! Also knowing her for 5 years shows that there is something serious about this! Your family could maybe even learn from you guys, that not EVERYONE dates his/her own race which is fine and cool! Go for it man, write me if you need help. I got your back ! :) My ex is black too ;)

• Thank you mate much appreciated! It's just more telling them about a girl really

• But why would they have a problem with their 22 year old son having a gf? It's maybe about time ;)!

• thanks bro

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe that your parents will accept her