Is there still a chance of us getting together?

There's a guy whom for a year we weren't really together - more like friends knowing that we both liked each other. This was before high school so we were a lot younger. We're best friends again - I consider him the only person who I can talk about literally anything with.

We went on a band trip together and I spent most of the time hanging with him and one of my girl friends. We played a lot of card games at the hotel and when we travelled to get to our destination (took around 2 days each way) we would play cards with a giant group of friends or listen to music together while looking out the window. We both sat by the window but he sat one row behind me. People have kind of shipped us together after that and quite honestly, I want to give us a chance again. However, I don't really know if he considers me only a friend or not.

I asked him for advice cause someone whom I turned down said I love you and I didn't know how to respond. I realize that it might not be the best thing to ask him out of all people but like I said, he's the only one I can really talk about anything with. He was really awkward but he kept on asking if it was awkward for me and saying how he's not the best person for relationship advice.

I'm expecting most of you will say that it's not possible but we were a lot younger then and sometimes I just wonder if it's possible especially after some of his actions.

02