Online Dating: How much effort should go in the first message?

How witty and creative do you like your first message? Is there a point where you think the guy has overdone it? Tries too hard? Share some examples of you will.
  • The sky is the limit, send me a story with a major plot twist and we're cool!
  • If you overdo it, you seem creepy. Please don't. You looked so cute.
  • Just engage with my profile and ask me about stuff on there. I don't like guys that get too crazy.
    Vote C

04

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally wouldn't dance around like a colorful bird desperate to get a girl to notice me. I think simple, genuine messages are fine. If your personality is to be extravagant, than that's the way to go.