What do you think of people who leave a relationship because they're no longer attracted to their partner?

I hear people, mostly girls, saying you cannot date someone if you're not physically attracted to them.
Ok, so what if you're already together with someone and after time you no longer find yourself physically attracted to them, can you leave?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Appearance and attraction has to do with initial interest, but people stay in relationships because they are emotionally attached to the other person. But if it goes too far, for example that there is no intimacy in the relationship anymore, it's doomed.

• I think the initial interest thing is stupid. If physical attraction is important I don't see why it can't be all the way.
      In my opinion a guy replacing his wrinkly wife with a younger, better looking woman is no different than a woman refusing to date a man because she finds him ugly.

I hear woman say all the time they would never date a guy, regardless of how great his personality is, if they don't find him physically attractive. This is fine, but by definition it makes you shallow and any relationship you form, just as it started based on shallow reasons, can be broken up because of shallow reason.
      This is a trade-off shallow people in general have to make and if your shallowness comes back to bite you, can you really complain?

• I don't know if I can believe as being genuine.
      Let me ask you this, lets say you have a female friend who starts dating a guy at 18 and at 23 leaves him for some shallow reason.
      Are you telling me you will view her the exact same was as an older man who leaves his wife to be with a 20 year old woman?

If you view those two as the same thing then you're at least an honest person and I can respect your opinion. Because when girls like you talk about these things I'm almost questioning whether they support something for moral reasons or because they care about their own benefits

• The age is unimportant, it's the reason why the relationship ends that bothers me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see how you can become unattracted to a person myself unless they changed dramatically.

I feel it's more a factor of boredom or finding someone you're more attracted to.