Do you hug or shake hands on a first date?

If you haven’t met them in person before. I handshake when I first meet them and hug at the end if I like them. But some of my friends say a handshake is an instant friend zone. I think I can tell a lot about the fellow from a shake. What do you do?
  • Handshake
  • Hug

38

Most Helpful Guy

• Never mix business with pleasure: Why handshake? - Seems so business like!

Maybe you should try the 'hand shake' where you literally shake your hands furiously to get your dates attention. That way they'll instantly recognise it's you they're meeting and most likely make them smile and ultimately relaxed upon first meeting you!

On a serious note they say a weak handshake is a sign to the health of ones heart. Well, mines pretty broken so handshakes are out of the window!

Personally, I'll always approach with a friendly hello and go from there. When I'm on a date, I'm just myself and that always leads to... Hugs whether during or at the end 8) Sweet :-)

• Thank you for MHO x :-)

Won't be surprised if you don't read this as you'll be too busy dating and studying the results of what works for you and what doesn't!

Enjoy yourself, stay safe and ultimately just be... You x :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually usually a kiss on each cheek. It’s pleasant and friendly but formal, without being too at arms length. Usually accompanied with a loose hug, kind of hand to hip/waist/shoulder, as that indicates romantic interest more than diplomat norms.

The social etiquette for it varies from country to country, though, so i’d Be careful if I was elsewhere.