I need help understanding why my exboyfriend feels the need to contact me so baaad?

Im a 27 year old woman who live in North Europe. My EX boyfriend also lives in north Europe but in another country. We have known each other for a while but only been together for a coupe of months. In April i decided to travel to his country because it was my cousin birthday and some days after that my plan was to be with my ex boyfriend. In the beginning of the journey I lived with my cousin and her friends. Me and the her friend did not get along, we were arguing about stuff. And because of this I chose to not invite my ex to our place because there was always negative energy in the house and i did not want him to be a part of that. This was something he told me that he did not like. When my cousin left and flew back to her country I stayed. My ex boyfriend had promised me that he would pay for hotel if I stayed two extra days so we could be together. When this day came he started to say that it would be better for me to just go back to my country because it is not working out between us. I was then stuck in his country for two days because i did not have enough money to buy a new ticket to my country. He told me the reason for why he broke up was because he did not want a girly girl as a girlfriend and that I am that. And that I easily get scared and that if something would happen to be that I would be too weak to defend my self. We spoke about it I cried and told him that I loved him and then it ended. I told him that if he go there is no return he then said you never know if god brings us back together. I told him to never contact me again. When i got home he texted me asking if i got home safe. Since i came home and this was one month ago he has been calling and texting me 3 times everyday saying he misses me , asking why we can't communicate. He even sent my a picture of me n him hugging. He even said that I left him when it was him who broke up with me. My question is what it is that he wants from me? i have not replied him since that day it ended.
SSS

03