Playing hard to get: why is it so effective?

I gave this guy im talking to shit for opening something I sent and not replying and he sent me a whole spiel on how it probably won't be the last time it happens.

fine, whatever. but it still annoys me.

yet it makes me want to talk to him more and try to get him to talk to me.

I even asked him (because he's from tinder so obvs its not serious) when we were going to screw so I could stop trying to talk to him

he just goes “gotta stall so you want it more”

im annoyed that game works on me. I know it’s because of wanting what we “cant have”, but heck.

217

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah--it's because people value things more that they have to work for. That's why you're going to like the sex that much more when he finally decides to do you. It's tough for him because I'm sure he'd like to get to sex more quickly as well, but this way, you'll be more likely to REALLY enjoy it and therefore more likely to want to do him again, and again, and again, when he finally gets started with you.

Have you ever met in person yet or are you still only chatting online?

• just chatting on snapchat. I sincerely doubt hed be able to actually stall if we did hang out.

• Any plans to meet this dude?

• Thanks for most helpful.

Most Helpful Girl

• People want what the can't have. They take for granted what they can.

• you need to learn to read.

• I literally said at the bottom it’s about wanting what you can’t have, so I wager you don’t read fine.

• Then you already know the answer to your question. People are still going to answer.