Why does this guy treat me differently when we’re alone vs when there’s other people?

So my friend got this new roommate and he’s really attractive and is nice and I like his personality. When we’re alone we talk a lot and he asks me a lot of questions (he even made me food) and we get to know each other and he’s extra nice to me and we even put his laptop on and watched movies. But since obvi there are other people in the house when there’s other people he doesn’t treat me like that, he doesn’t talk to me a lot and stuff like that and he doesn’t seem to wanna chill since he goes to his room most of the time when there’s other people around. Why is that tho? Does he maybe not like me? Also it’s hard to have alone time with him since most of the time there’s people in the house and I don’t have his contact info either. He also doesn’t know that I like him because i don’t know how to flirt for life. But like today for example he was kinda ignoring me when we were with other people

02