Is he interested or has he lost interest?

A guy I used to work with a few months ago broke up with his girlfriend not long ago and asked me out on a date. I liked him before but he was dating someone so nothing ever came of it.

We started casually talking on Messenger and then he just kept messaging me, asking me how my day was, saying good morning, etc, until last Thursday he asked me out.

He picked me up and we went out to dinner (he paid). Then we drove down to the beach and talked for a while and then went to get coffee and talked in the parking lot for a while as well, then he drove me home.

Overall, I think the date went well. We laughed and talked a lot, so there wasn't much awkwardness, but the thing that stumped me was that he wasn't all that flirty and at the end of our date he didn't ask me out on another one or try to kiss me. I know a kiss shouldn't be expected but I guess I kind of wanted it to happen.

Like I said though, we had fun and there were a lot of laughs.

About an hour after our date, I messaged him and said, "I had a really good time, thanks again. Hope you made it home safe!" He's been active on Messenger since but hasn't opened my message or read it.

I'm starting to think maybe he wasn't all that interested? But he was the who asked me out and pursued me.

I know I'm probably overthinking this, but I guess I'm just worried now that the date happened he lost interest cause there was a lot of build up.

10