What Do I Do About My Mom?

Every time I go out with my boyfriend, my mom is in a bad mood. Every time I talk about him, she gets into a bad mood. Every time I come home from being out with him, she’s in a bad mood.
Now, I went to the beach with him
We couldn’t remember where he parked, so we were searching for his car for a while. During this time, apparently, she texted me while my phone was in the backpack that I had brought. About 20 minutes into the car ride, I texted back and said “on the way. Sorry the phone was in the bag”

When I got home, she said, “where were you when I texted you?”
I said “looking for his car”, since, when she texted, I was looking for the car. She says “we don’t live 20 minutes from the beach (I’d texted back 20 minutes before I arrived home). We do, however, live 20 minutes from his apartment. So where were you?”

I told her I texted her back when I was in the car. When I said “looking for the car”, I answered the question “where were you when I texted?”, not “where were you when you texted me back?”
She’s twisting it all just to be petty and have a reason to be in a bad mood and still doesn’t believe me.

I’m afraid that she’ll be petty and try to keep me from him. Which will wreck me inside, since I already see him MAYBE once a week and I get MAYBE one phone call with him each day simply because my man works hard. I never know when I’ll see him next. And now I’m telling the truth, but she’s twisting my answer to fit a different question and I’m scared I’m going to lose him over this.

What can I do?

21