What Do I Do About My Mom?

Every time I go out with my boyfriend, my mom is in a bad mood. Every time I talk about him, she gets into a bad mood. Every time I come home from being out with him, she’s in a bad mood.
Now, I went to the beach with him
We couldn’t remember where he parked, so we were searching for his car for a while. During this time, apparently, she texted me while my phone was in the backpack that I had brought. About 20 minutes into the car ride, I texted back and said “on the way. Sorry the phone was in the bag”

When I got home, she said, “where were you when I texted you?”
I said “looking for his car”, since, when she texted, I was looking for the car. She says “we don’t live 20 minutes from the beach (I’d texted back 20 minutes before I arrived home). We do, however, live 20 minutes from his apartment. So where were you?”

I told her I texted her back when I was in the car. When I said “looking for the car”, I answered the question “where were you when I texted?”, not “where were you when you texted me back?”
She’s twisting it all just to be petty and have a reason to be in a bad mood and still doesn’t believe me.

I’m afraid that she’ll be petty and try to keep me from him. Which will wreck me inside, since I already see him MAYBE once a week and I get MAYBE one phone call with him each day simply because my man works hard. I never know when I’ll see him next. And now I’m telling the truth, but she’s twisting my answer to fit a different question and I’m scared I’m going to lose him over this.

What can I do?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• How long have you been dating? My mom didn't like my boyfriend at first. She still sometimes says rude things but over time its gotten better. We've been dating for two years.

0|0
    0|0
  • If u really love him then tell ur mom.
    Like, mom, pls stop this. Im not gonna stop seeing him, no matter what u do. So get over it asap.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't tell her that you are meeting with your boyfriend

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes