How would you handle when your significant other becomes unresponsive?

My significant other has been recently dealing with a lot. She’s gotten to the point of no longer replying to my text messages and if she does they’re very short. I see her active on other social media but my messages continue to go unanswered. She has a habit of distancing herself and wanting to handle things on her own.

How do I cope with this road block and not take it personal? How would you handle things?

Give space or stay in contact?

Any guidance is appreciated.
No. She went dark on me last Sunday. I explained to her that I understood she had a lot going on in life right now and I'm doing the best I can to support her because she always encouraged me to reach out to her. to not go cold so thats what I did. I kept my communication open with her and she keeps ignoring my messages for about two days. So then I asked her is this how things will continue to be between her and I. I think I do have a right to know...

11

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to tell her that you understand her schedule is hectic but that you would love to spend time with her when she finds the time. Tell her to let you know when that's possible and then leave her alone. She'll let you know when she's free; and she'll appreciate you giving her the space to take care of what she needs to take care of while at the same time expressing your interest in her.

• That’s very well said. We work together so I see her everyday but we don’t always get a lot of personal time together. I just don’t like being sidelined and left in the dark. Hopefully in due time she’ll come back around.

• The only reason she treats you that way is because you allow it. Obviously she has lost any respect she ever had for you. I think you need to tell her that whatever your relationship was, it's over.

Don't be her friend. If a man treated you the way she is treating you, you would not put up with it; and you certainly would not come crawling back to them or walking on eggshells around them. There is a discrepancy between how you treat women and how you treat men. That needs to disappear - unless you want to get walked on by every woman you meet for the rest of your life.

• I’m at a point where I don’t even want to speak to her.