Is cheating a choice or a mistake?

hey GAGers what's up?
we were having a discussion me and my friends about this subjet, and you'd be surprised how different people think about cheating :D
so I decided to ask you guys and gals too...

by the way my opinion is: cheating is a choice based on mistakes and unsolved problems...
Is cheating a choice or a mistake?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "hey GAGers what's up?"

I am doing fine. Thanks, how about you?

1. "by the way my opinion is: cheating is a choice based on mistakes and unsolved problems..".

Cheating is always a choice, the person knows that they are cheating, their conscience knows what they are doing is wrong, yet for some reason or the other or excuse the person decides to cheat. Hence cheating is a choice, a decision and not a mistake.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's both. It's a choice made on poor judgment, and also always a mistake. "What a great choice I decided to cheat instead of ending my relationship first!" said no one ever.

2|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's usually a choice, nobody just accidentally slips into bed with someone or their lips don't accidentally fall onto someone else' lips either. The person decides to cheats, and comes up with an excuse to cheat too instead talking to their gf/bf/wife/husband.

0|1
    0|0
  • Cheating only becomes a mistake when they get caught or realise theyve lost out- but that's just guilt. There is never a reason to cheat. It's a thing called breaking up. It's easy to not be scum.

0|1
    0|0
    • there are thousands reasons to cheat, otherwise it wouldn't have happened, but the choice itself is wrong and non-sense you're right...

• Show All
    • Yeah so you were a coward and took the easy way out. Even after being cheated on yourself. What scum.

• hhhhh yes I agree with you, the idea of it is wrong but the choice was right at that time, it opened my eyes and gave me the courage to break up with my girlfriend for good this time !
      love is divine but in the right time and place otherwise it can be a cancer that would kill you slowly...

• In my opinion, cheating is both a choice and a mistake. It's a result of poor choice. If one person can't help but do something that's considered as cheating, they're to blame for their actions, hence it's their mistake and they have to account for it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Choice although in special cases mistake happen. eq when you're really drunk and can't remember anything.

the more + a guy have the harder for him being faithful

0|1
    0|0
    • It’s a choice dude, even the case you mentioned, what kind of a woman accepts her man to go to a mixed party without her and get drunk to that level? 😂😂
      And yes since sex is essential for us it’s hard to be faithful, and in some cases i don’t even consider it cheating 😋😁

• It takes a lot of premeditation to cheat. You really have to plan that shit and go along with it. It isn't like me accidentally knocking over a glass of water or something.

0|1
    0|0
    • it's more like a dance invitation, once it comes you gotta sway with it, the more effort and time you spend for it the deeper you sink in the shitty part of it !!

• Cheating is a choice. There is always the option to break up with the person you're with. No need to ever cheat.

1|1
    0|0
    • yah but then sometimes people are deep in love and can't break up but searches for a window to breath or sometimes as a revenge or for drawing attention !
      but it's definitely a choice you're right...

• Show All
    • My boyfriend is completely 💯 monogamous, as are many men I know. It's expected because it's talked about. Women are not "forcing" men into monogamy. If it's promised on both ends, then cheating is unacceptable. Selfish, insecure people cheat. That's all there is to it

• @Trisha13 I'm not talking about monogamy, but anyway you're right about once agreed on then cheating would be cheap and selfish, yet some people including me (sometimes) don't consider physical cheating a wrong thing when the partner is not sexually open minded or in fact closed minded and thinks of your fantasies as sickness !

• Cheating is lie. If you cheat, you don't respect your choice of person, who you dating with. Our life based on choices, so it's mean that you also don't respect yourself

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a choice, or course it is... No one slips and accidentally lands on someone's dick.

I've cheated before. It wasn't because it was 'easier' than staying faithful, it's because I didn't want to be faithful. I've also Not Cheated. That was a much harder decision to make. The implications behind that decision far outreached the mere act of infidelity. It was a much bigger decision and I chose not to do it. Still not sure it was the right choice because of where it led, but morally it was the right one and I get to live having not been shitty to someome incredibly important.

Cheating is always a choice, I'm not sold on the idea that it's the worst thing you could ever do though... Some people have no imagination.

0|1
    0|0
  • It can be both, im too lazy to explain why so ill get my friend to, here he is...

Alright look so like yeah and no cuz like the reason is differant for everyone and all.
    What if it was like a dude who abused his girlfriend and she cheats on him because she needs some to feel better feel me?

0|1
    0|0
  • Cheating is initially a choice , because no one forced the person to cheat. They succumbed to their own desires and emotions

But i believe a person can be full of remorse after the fact, and realize they made a terrible mistake. Sometimes the burden of guilt , or losing the person they love is enough to make them realize they made a mistake when they chose to cheat

However , people who cheat are weak. They lack willpower. They have no self-control over their desires and emotions. So if a person cheats even once, cheating will always be their potential. They have shown you what they are capable of. What their true potential is in the future. So i would never trust anyone who betrayed me , or who betrayed an ex partner in the past

0|1
    0|0
  • You can make a mistake in the choice you choose so it is a choice

Your choice is being loyal to your mate or choosing to cheat on them.

Your choice is to ignore the advances of a person or allow yourself to make the mistake of having sex with someone other than your partner

0|0
    0|0
  • Well is getting naked with someone else a mistake? or a choice, no one forced you to strip

0|1
    0|0
  • More of something that happens but it's never acceptable and sometimes its premeditsted and that's the worse

0|1
    0|0
  • 100 percent a choice. Mistakes are like spilling milk.

1|1
    0|0
  • It is a choice.. it is not a mistake... you can make cheating a choice...

0|1
    0|0
  • A mistake? Like what? You're slipping in a pussy by accident?

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a choice it only becomes a mistake when they get caught.

1|1
    0|0
  • Straight up choice. Only explained as a mistake.

1|1
    0|0
  • Choices can be mistakes.

1|1
    0|0
  • Cheating is done/caused purely by choice only.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its always a choice

1|1
    0|0
  • Cheating is a choice. Plain and simple.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s a choice

0|1
    0|0
  • Choice

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends. Sometimes both.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a choice obviously

0|1
    0|0
  • Both

0|0
    0|0
  • mistake

0|0
    0|0
    • bullshit !

• I just replied why bullshit?

• I replied upon your reply too 😂
      In my opinion considering cheating as a mistake is pure bullshit, it’s a choice and a clear one no one can force you into it (otherwise it will be considered rape not cheating)

• Cheating is always a choice, and often a mistake. I don't at all mean to excuse cheating, but sometimes it's easy to become infatuated with someone, and get too close in a romantic way, thinking you will not go as far as cheating. But sexual attraction can sneak up fast and strong, leading to using the wrong head to make a decision. Guys, and I'm sure girls too, when sexual attraction becomes strong enough, can stop using common sense. Again, not that this is an excuse. It's just how easily it can happen, if you don't maintain boundaries. That's one reason it's important for guys to have female friends who have good morals, and strength of character, because it helps them not make foolish, heart rending choices and mistakes.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes