Feeling like a fraud for being misperceived?

I’m 5’8 slender with some curve and long hair. I wear dresses most of the time, always have some minimal makeup on. No false lashes or contour, never had manicure.

My outfits are usually under $100. I’m soft spoken, a little bit reserved, I smile all the time and talk openly to everybody. I read and paint as hobbies, hardly go out because I work 2 jobs.

Somehow the way I carry myself tends to give people the impression that I come from a higher up social class and I get mistaken for either doing well financially or currently dating someone with money.

I know we shouldn’t care what people think, but it affects my dating life. Being constantly told “you’re from a different class” and “you’re too polish” make me feel like a fraud. It makes me afraid I unintentionally deceive people into thinking that i’m doing better than I actually am.

29

Most Helpful Guy

• You've got the mojo, and you've got the swag. People will hate you for that no doubt. But you shouldn't be depressed. Look at the bright side not the dark side. Some people are just born to be jealous.

I was in the Marines. I learned how to accept my "off duty police" vibe.

Most Helpful Girls

• I run into a similar thing pretty frequently, and people won't approach because they're intimidated or I seem standoffish. The right person will see you as you are, it's important to be true to who you are.

• You worry too much. You’re just being yourself, if people misread you it’s their problem, not yours.