Can an handsome guy who has only ever dated very pretty girls ever be really satisfied with a plain girlfriend?

I’m fun, and I’m clever, I’d also say I can be cute, but my traits are objectively not those our culture classifies as attractive. Rather the opposite.

I started dating a long term friend of mine after the girl he loved broke up with him.

She, as all the girls he dated before her, was stunning beautiful (supported-herself-during-uni-by-modeling kind of beautiful). Also the other two girls he dated before were traditional beauties: long legs, beautiful hair, perfect, white tenths, thin and fit, beautiful faces... And they were also beautiful persons: his ex broke up with him because she had to move to the other side of the world for work, but he keeps saying she was a wonderful person. So it’s not like he broke up either them because they had a bad personality.

Are there chances I’m more than an easy and convenient rebound, and that he’ll be satisfied with me?
  • No
  • Yes

416

Most Helpful Guy

• There's more to love than sheer physical beauty. It's also very possible that your underestimate your own attractiveness. Neither my wife nor I thought we were very attractive through our teens and twenties. But looking back at old pictures I see two really attractive people who simply lacked confidence.

Most Helpful Girl

• He probably had a type (that beautiful type) and has realised it’s not all about looks when their personality was probably more dull and boring for him. You are probably heaps more interesting for him. Don’t read too much into it and be confident and enjoy your time with him