Can an handsome guy who has only ever dated very pretty girls ever be really satisfied with a plain girlfriend?

I’m fun, and I’m clever, I’d also say I can be cute, but my traits are objectively not those our culture classifies as attractive. Rather the opposite.

I started dating a long term friend of mine after the girl he loved broke up with him.

She, as all the girls he dated before her, was stunning beautiful (supported-herself-during-uni-by-modeling kind of beautiful). Also the other two girls he dated before were traditional beauties: long legs, beautiful hair, perfect, white tenths, thin and fit, beautiful faces... And they were also beautiful persons: his ex broke up with him because she had to move to the other side of the world for work, but he keeps saying she was a wonderful person. So it’s not like he broke up either them because they had a bad personality.

Are there chances I’m more than an easy and convenient rebound, and that he’ll be satisfied with me?
  • No
    Vote A
  • Yes
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There's more to love than sheer physical beauty. It's also very possible that your underestimate your own attractiveness. Neither my wife nor I thought we were very attractive through our teens and twenties. But looking back at old pictures I see two really attractive people who simply lacked confidence.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He probably had a type (that beautiful type) and has realised it’s not all about looks when their personality was probably more dull and boring for him. You are probably heaps more interesting for him. Don’t read too much into it and be confident and enjoy your time with him

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If your looks dont compare to his exs then im sure your personality will crush theirs, there's a reason those pretty looking girls are his exs, maybe he is looking for a decent looking girl with a beautiful personality, that is wherr you come in missy

0|0
    0|0
  • Dear, you only have to realize phisical attractiveness only matters until u have mutual attraction. I mean lust exist or not exist between 2 people based on looks. And obviously it exist between u 2, he woukdnt be with u if he didn't like u!

Its not a race between attractive and more attractive women when we men want a long term relationship, but a matter of mutual interest, similar thoughts on life and love, caring, sex, loyalty etcetc.

So dont u panic 🙂

0|0
    0|0
  • The pretty narcissist hot gfs are good training to teach a guy to cherish a plain girlfriend. Plain is the only way to go for me. The other thing is plain girls are sot hot in bed. There are girls hot in public and ones hot in bed, but not both.

0|1
    0|0
  • Boring isn't necessarily bad because you probably hotness but you're loyal and caring and that's better than being hot.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not sure. If he looks only for beauty it may become hard. If he is looking for other qualities, your chances are god.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy, but I think yes. Unless she's a bitchy model with abnormally small testicles, in which case I'm wondering how she hasn't smacked one of her exes with her purse.

0|0
    0|0
  • As you told he's a long term friend, maybe the breakup made him realise that you were right person for him after all, and outer beauty doesn't matter two people connect mentally.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've seen plenty of handsome guys with not so beautiful girls. He could be in love with you but if he broke up recently... I don't like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I said no as to him if he dated a let's say normal girl but he was attracted to her she wouldn't be plain

0|0
    0|0
  • Just because you dont put yourself in that category doesn't mean he doesn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just depends on how he feels beyond just physical attraction

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty cannot be measured honey! All women in my mind are healthy and sexy and beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most definitely!
    I've seen it more than once!

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    0|0