Guys, How would you feel if a girl you liked wrote a poem about you?

I'm kind of awkward about expressing myself out loud and have always loved poetry, so I was thinking of giving him the poem I wrote about him. I'm just curious if you would find this flattering? I don't wanna come on too strong but I also know he feels the same way back :) thanks guys!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think if it is something you do (write poems) then its cool to get one about you (him)
    If you don't write poems usually it'll probably be a little weird and we won't know how to react
    I thought about this literally yesterday

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 34

• This is a very fine line. If it's a girl I like then probably it would be amazing, but a girl I wasn't interested in then oh my god no. I'd recommend saving it until after something between you has happened. Showing a boyfriend something you wrote about him before you were dating is so romantic, and definitely more so than to a guy who isn't interested, it would just creep him out

0|0
    0|0
  • I think if someone wrote me a poem. I would keep it forever :) it's a very under rated sweet thing to do

0|1
    0|0
    • Aww you'd keep it forever :) That's so sweet! Hopefully he feels the same way

• I hope he does :) and if he doesn't write him a mean poem >:

• I honestly would love it if the girl I liked wrote me a poem, means she put a lot of time and effort into it with what she's feeling about you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Honestly I'm a bit shy about giving it to him :) I feel uncomfortable when people read my writing in front of me because I don't want them to pretend to like it for my sake lol :)

• If you don't feel confident enough to let him see it because of that reason, then make sure he's really what you desire. Shyness is attractive to me but confidence is key. 😜

• I would appreciate the gesture, but... I'm not sure how many guys I speak for here, but the cutesy stuff girls like aren't necessarily the things guys respond too. Don't make it too ridiculous, maybe write it in a format that's closer to talking... I forget the literature terms. Don't write a Dr. Seuss or Shakespeare, poem, is what I'm saying.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be flattered and really happy :D one suggestion though instead of giving, how about reading it to him that way you can show more emotion just make sure that he likes you otherwise it'll be awkward πŸ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • I would love it, however I was an emo vocalist for years so not shocking I like poetry and once upon a time wrote a lot ha

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the guy. If he is a deep thinker and lover of poetry too, he will probably think it's sweet. If he's not, then he'll just think it's awkward. Which is he?

0|0
    0|0
    • He doesn't write poetry himself but he is very good with words :)

• Then maybe. Just don't lay it on too thick.

• I'm not a fan of poetry but I'd love the meaning behind it and be very flattered

1|0
    0|0
  • How long and well do you know him? Men are more objective than women and whatever you tell him can not only taken literally, but overboard.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would definitely appreciate such effort. Specially if the poem is really well drafted with engaging literature spirit

0|0
    0|0
  • I would find this to be one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think he would be flattered, but.. I wouldn't read it to him in front of a big group or anything just in case.!

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's good then great. If it's negative about me then bye. Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • It's always good to start something new. And a poem for the guy you love will always be great.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would become very happy, but first make sure does it worth the risk or not

0|0
    0|0
  • yes I think its a good idea just make sure you give it to him in private

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion... I would love that... cheersπŸ™‹πŸ˜Š

1|0
    0|0
  • Whats your backup plan?

0|0
    0|0
  • i would read her words if i was single.

0|0
    0|0
  • Vwonderful

0|0
    0|0
  • All men cheat

0|0
    0|1
  • Awesome

0|0
    0|0
  • Happy

0|0
    0|0
  • That's sweet. But I wouldn't care for it too much

0|0
    0|0
  • At the very least I would be flattered.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very flattered

0|0
    0|0
  • I would tear it to pieces, that is disturbing

0|0
    0|0
  • Just do it :D

0|0
    0|0
  • I will feel more love for her and admire her

0|0
    0|0
  • I would like to receive one... poem, song... :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes