Why am I dreaming of my ex?

She hurt me oretty badly and I dont want to see her again. I have a cease and desist for contact and have blocked on everything. I’ve moved on and have been in an amazing relationship for a couple months, even though we were friends with benefits for a couple months before. i haven't thought about my ex in a while. I had a dream, however, of me running into my ex. She said she tried to contact me and couldnt and she proceded to hit me. We talked and patched things up and had sex and got back together even though im dating the girl I am now in the dream... I’m confused as to why I’m dreaming of her if I haven’t thought of her for a while... I know I prefer my girlfriend now, but dreaming of my ex hurts me quite a bit

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You have underlying anxieties and issues that need to be resolved by processing it... literally this is your brain saying you still need to address the situation. Perhaps counselling? Or just discussing it with your new partner

0|0
    0|0
    • I’ve discussed it with my new partner... she knows about what happened, how my ex treated me. 99% of the time I’m fine.. I just don’t know why this happened

• I think you need to go process it by discussing it with someone in detail. Write down your dreams

• Well this is a complicated situation, but it may mean that in your deeper conscience levels maybe there are unsolved issues related to her and when you sleep these more deeper levels will bring about dreams with her to try to get to your attention so that you can try to solve any unresolved issues with her. Or maybe you are going after her in other realms of existence while your body is asleep, it happened with me in the past, and it means you are not completely over her as you would believe you are, so try to examine if you are really completely over her of if you feel there is any unfinished business between you two.

0|0
    0|0
    • I’ve tried resolving stuff in the past, but she doesn’t want to. I tried reaching out and apologizing even though I did nothing. I wanted to just feel better, but she didn’t care. My friends contacted her and she was worried but didn’t didn't won’t to talk to me. As soon as I texted her again, she went to the cops and made up a fake story that I sexually assaulted her. I know that’s what’s hurting me the most. I've lost friends and stuff I love love because of that even though nothing came if it.. but Iran not something I can fix

• Complicated, very complicated. She is brinfinf you down and apparently there isn´t a thing you can do, so simple pick up all this unfinished business and try to rationalize it and assifn a new mean to it all, that is the way out.

Recommended myTakes