What will you do with this situation?

You like someone and you can feel that he/she likes you too but your family is against him/her. They don't want him/her to be your partner. And they told you to stop whatever you are feeling towards that person.

What will you do?
  • Give up on him/her and follow what your family says
    Vote A
  • Turn your back at your family and start building a relationship with him/her
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• C) examine WHY your fam is saying this

My mom told me my senior prom dress was awful. Decades later i realuze she was right. I should have gone w her choice. I looked stupid.

Now i dont know your fam. Maybe they are controlling. Maybe they are small minded and dont like your boyfriends (insert religion, race or job). But maybe they have a valid point. And would you rather be right or be happy? Dont pick the boy just to be right. Weigh what your folks are saying and see if it has merit. If it doesn't and they are simply prejudice follow your heart. But if they are right maybe save yourself heart ache.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My family has no control over my love life. I would continue seeing this person

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Date them anyway. My parents absolutely hate my boyfriend and have made it very clear to both him and I that they don't like that I'm with him. I don't like that they disapprove but ultimately, it's my decision and I'll date the person if I think they're good.

0|0
    0|0
  • If my family doesn't respect my decisions on who I want to be with, then they don't respect me, and they can have me back in their lives when they learn to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes you have to forget what other people think and do what you feel is best! They may be your family, but they can't live your life for you because you are your own person.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I know they're the one I will keep dating them. My love life is my choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • The point is that my family hates me anyway so i would still date her

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the reason why my family is against him

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not for them to decide

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep dating them