What's your opinion on Online Dating?

I've been curious about doing this but I think i'm only average or below average lookings.
  • Good idea
    Vote A
  • Bad Idea
    Vote B
  • Only good for hot people
    Vote C
  • It's whatever
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• For me personally it's an easier way to reach out to people than IRL, but at the same time it's really appearance-centered. I've met nice people through Tinder, so I would probably try it again if I were ever to become single again.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've met both of my current girlfriends online. And we're doing fantastic! Best way to get to know someone.

0|0
    0|0
    • Maybe it is. I'm going to college in a few months so maybe I should try that first?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• In real life you're not going to notice me, just another nerdy sweet person hanging with her friends and doing school work. Online dating gives me (average in looks) a chance to get attractive photos that will "lure" people who I am interested in, rather than the small sample of people I interact with on a day to day basis. They can see a little bit of my personality and see I'm more than what I look like after a day a classes and rushing between jobs.

0|1
    0|0
  • It worked for me, and I would say my boyfriend is around average looking, so I don’t think you have to be hot in order to make it work. I definitely think it’s worth a good, full effort, because it doesn’t take much time and the potential pay off is a good one. If nothing else, having a few people match up with you might be a confidence boost, and that has a big impact on the rest of your life

0|0
    0|0
  • 80% of women in online dating compete for 20% of the guys. This is Tinder statistics. If you're not above 7 in the attractiveness scale, online dating will only make you miserable, if your desired goal is to meet a woman. Women will try and match with guys that are more attractive than them, attractive being physical, intelligence or straight up money.
    If you're on the same level, say, 6, probably not gonna happen.
    That said, if you still want to get in to it: out of 1000 likes you give out, 100 might like you back. 10 of those will reply in conversation, 1 will be willing to meet you. If she meets you, you've pretty much sealed the deal on at least a one time fling, possibly more.
    This is tinder.
    Other platforms have slightly different numbers, but as a dude, you're one out of hundreds that are hitting on her. If you're indian, just straight up give up.
    Am I being overly cynical? Nah. Just be aware that you might be wasting a lot of time. I don't know how many hours i've spent over the last 1.5 years and i got one relationship that didn't last long and a couple of short friendships out of it.

If you still wanna go for it, have fun. Just don't get too depressed when most women will not reply and keep trying.
    These days, I do it for shits and giggles, i'm not expecting to get anything out of it anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • @NewYear-NewMe it's more difficult for men than women for sure, and it depends on your area/location. It worked for me, but it took months of weeding through crazy & nonsense

0|0
    0|0
  • I found my boyfriend through online dating. I almost hated the process (and so did he) but in the end we found each other, and that's what really counts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Online dating-yes tinder-no you might want to try other sites cause tinder has become a kinder surprise egg and you are supposed to know what's inside of it when starting a convo

0|0
    0|0
  • It has never work but it good ideal with other cools. they should make online dating for learning disability. I met my current boyfriend of facebook. facebook works for me.

0|0
    1|0
  • eh it's very time consuming... and there is always this problem of the magic ratio of a huge amount of guys like 1 girl, but if you are average it takes a lot of time to master it...

0|0
    0|0
  • I met Eric on match and we’ve been dating for 5 months. He said he had crazies message him but then he found me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Omg, nobody cares! We get it. You have a awsome boyfriend! 🤣🤣 kidding

• Show All
    • 😂. Maybe I'm the crazy cat lady since I thought it was a cat. lol

• You don't seem like the person who would take lot of pictures. You seemed conservative type of person.

• I think you're underrating yourself...
    But this mindset is perfect in online dating because fake people come and go.

I think it's hard but under the right circumstances, everything will be okay.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are lots of homely looking girls to choose from though. So if you aren't that picky, go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's mostly a mixed bag. I know people that got married who met online but I also know from experience that it can be annoying

0|0
    0|0
  • Only good for white or Latino men. Not good for South Asian, Middle Eastern, East Asian, or black men.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well online dating might suck a little cause of the long distances and eventually most of the time end the relation bcz of it

0|0
    0|0
  • i think it's a good idea! online dating is something a lot of people are doing now :) and i'm sure ur great:)

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks. I’ve never been considered as hot so that’s why I’m not saying that I am

• Whatever works. Absolutely no luck for me, but it works for some people.

0|0
    0|0
  • I met my fiance online and we have been together for 3 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's good it's like online shopping you have plenty of choice under your fingers

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you sure that the person you are talking to is really as advertised online?

0|0
    0|0
  • There is people who really not care about your looks, perhaps you will find a friend that cares you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I met my last girlfriend via a dating app so it does work

0|0
    0|0
  • You will eventually find someone interested in you. There’s a lot of people on there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good idea if you wanna waste your time

0|1
    0|0
  • It worked for me. We got married.

0|0
    0|0
    • What site did you use?

• Match. com. There were very few viable dating sites at the time. Match. com is a paid service so at least the people there were serious enough to pay them. Still it's a bit of a scam because it will show you profiles of people with lapsed subscriptions. I don't have any recommendations, that was some years ago.

• I've had experience with online dating tho lol

0|0
    0|0
  • it only works if you're good looking like me

0|0
    0|0
  • Crap so far...

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a nice addition yet scary

0|0
    0|0