Would you be able to date someone you’re not attracted to?

Let’s say you met someone. They’re literally perfect for you and you are compatible in many ways. The only thing is that you don’t really think their face is cute. Would you still be able to date that person, feeling that looks don’t matter? Or would you not enter into a relationship because you don’t find them attractive.
  • I could still date them
    Vote A
  • I wouldn’t date them
    Vote B
  • Depends (explain)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There has to be a physical attraction otherwise dating had no use. We would be great friends, but nothing more and dating in my book is still to initiate a compatibility check if we could have a more intimate future together.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If I don't feel attracted, I can't form romantic feelings. They would be a good friend at best, so I wouldn't want to lead them on by trying a relationship.

2|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No. If I’m not attracted to you I can’t be physical with you: that would be a disaster in a relationship if I can’t stomach kissing or touching you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh, definitely. Looks aren't that important in life. Especially if this guy is totally perfect for me, then yes please! Where do I sign up? I mean one cannot base looks off as the primary factor. Once the brain is established do we look into the looks.

1|0
    1|0
  • Ideally I'd want to be with someone I find at least somewhat attractive. But if I happen to fall for someone for their personality, then I can totally overlook their appearance.

2|0
    0|0
  • If the person is literally perfect for me and we are compatible, but his face isn't very cute, I'm sure if I spend more time with him, eventually I'll start being more attracted to him and actually see his good features instead of his flaws.

0|0
    0|0
  • Defiantly, Many times it is the looks that bring people together then they split because they have nothing in common. I would rather have someone I had many things in common with that someone who is, do I dare say it ‘hot’. Thinks in common is the first criteria, then intelligence, then hygiene, then willingness to let me be me and you not try to be who you think I want you to be, after all that looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I don't find someone AT ALL attractive, then the relationship wouldn't work. I still have a sex drive and physical needs, so if I don't find them appealing in any way, the relationship is going to suffer

0|0
    1|0
  • I could still date them because I find that as I get to know someone, they become more attractive. I think that's because you can see more of their inner beauty shine through. I know it's cheesy, but that's how I feel <3

0|0
    0|0
  • Man you are going to miss a lot of good ones if you count everyone out like that. date, have fun, honestly explore. She may not think you are the most attractive to her either. But you might surprise her.

0|0
    0|0
  • if don't find them attractive in the slightest they'll most likely be my best friend rather than my lover.

0|0
    0|0
  • There has to be some sort of physical attraction, if not you are in a friendship not a relationship!!

0|0
    0|0
  • They don’t have to look perfect, but I have to be physically attracted to them. I couldn’t be intimate with someone I fing ugly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, attraction is the first thing to come... If I'm not attracted them the person I'm not really going think of them as more.

1|0
    0|0
  • i think if i fell in love with someone who is perfect for me he would be perfect in all ways

0|1
    0|0
  • If you truly connect with them then looks would not matter. You'll learn to love them for who they are and you will find them attractive even if you didn't before

0|0
    0|0
  • If there's no attraction I may as well marry one of my guy friends. Attraction is necessary I think

0|0
    0|0
  • Now why the hell would I date someone I'm not attracted to? At that point I'm just wasting my time.

0|0
    0|0
  • She would have to be horrendously ugly in order for me to reject her on looks alone. I have very relaxed standards in terms of physical appearance.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a big difference between not being attracted to them and not liking the way they look

1|0
    0|0
  • If there's no attraction at all, I don't think I could date them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would you date that person in the first place if you're not attracted to him/her

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I would. Because I think I'm that shallow and it's actually getting me a bit upset

0|0
    0|0
  • I would prefer an ugly face that I can have meaningful conversations with rather than a pretty faced person whose talks I can't bear

0|0
    0|0
  • I like men who make me laugh if the personality was right that's more important

0|0
    0|0
  • If we are compatible in many ways and she has a great personality then that by itself is attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will like to have a date, then i will think about it what to do next

0|0
    0|0
  • If you aren't attra ted to tgeir look at all not one bit then i guess u can't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah.

1|0
    0|0
  • No you have to be into them

0|0
    0|0
  • Dosn't make much sense to date a stranger

0|0
    0|0
  • YES I WOULD DATE THEM AND ROMANCE THEM

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I recently came across someone like this and I thought I could get past it and really tried but in the end I couldn't and I had to end it - another girl can appreciate him in a way I can't...

1|0
    0|0
  • If there’s zero attraction it’ll never work. You’ll cring at the thought of anything physical.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes