Can't tell her I want to marry her?

Dating 4 months and I am in love with her. I want to marry her, I am certain. Her and I are on the same page when it comes to marriage and the purpose of dating and I have a good relationship with her father. But it's just too soon to talk about that stuff i feel like.

What do I do with these feelings? I'd love to propose in the fall..

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you been with her long enough to understand the positive and negative qualities she possess? Are you willing to accept who she is as an individual, no matter what behavior patterns and mindset she has? Getting married is a serious step forward towards commitment and once it happens, it's hard to break out of it if something severely goes wrong. I can believe that you and your girlfriend have the qualities of a successful marriage but are you both on the same page? Discuss and consider what will change once marriage happens and what to be prepared for.

In my opinion, 4 months seems a bit too early to fully understand a person's identity unless you've had a strong friendship with your girlfriend beforehand. It's really easy to get caught up in the idea of marriage when everything feels like it'll go perfect in your head but what will it actually be like in reality? Why not talk with your girlfriend and see how she feels about the idea of marriage this early on in the relationship? If she's not ready, it may be best to put your plans of marriage on hold and focus on your relationship with her. Marriage isn't going anywhere so there's no pressure to a time limit. Just make sure the both of you are fully prepared before taking this plan forward.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you guys really are on the same page in all this and you really are certain, then do it when it feels right.