Did I make a mistake for not telling my boyfriend that I was a virgin before he took my virginity?

My boyfriend and I have had sex a few times. I still bleed a little though. It doesn't hurt at all so I think I just need to get used to it. When we had sex last night, he noticed I was bleeding and freaked. Once I calmed him down, I told him that I was still getting used to sex because it was only a few weeks ago that he took my virginity. I know he is insecure so he reacted weird where he kind of just stared off into space in a daze. I told him because I didn't want to make a big deal about it and he said he was okay with me not telling him. Me bleeding totally killed the mood but date night carried on as usual and I even gave him a nice massage with the massage oil I got.

21