What is it about when some people start playing mind games with the person they're interested in/dating?

Like testing their interest in different ways, refusing to be the one starting conversations, making the other one wait for an answer, saying things they don't really mean just to see how the other one responses, testing if the other one gets jealous etc?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• In the dating culture, every date is a provided opportunity to conduct a connection between two people, indicating that, unless one of the two people asks another out for date, there is usually no chance for them to see each other.

Therefore, every move. Every step, every calculation is important. This sort of pattern forces people to be tactical and creative. Similar in politics.

Playing mind games is one of the fundamental tactic, but it is dirty though.

0|0
    0|0
    • What would you say is the intention behind mind games? Is there different motives behind different games or would they all fall under the same mindset? Like for example making one wait for a text back vs. flirting with someone else in front of you while checking your reaction to it?

• Show All
    • Yeah.. I'd think he'd take his chances with me if he wanted to just have sex but not a relationship because I haven't said a word about committing to anything or actually wanting a relationship, yet I keep making moves on him when we see each other. Dunno though. I'd just find it kinda weird that he'd lie about wanting a relationship and play the long game and not try to get me to bed when I've given pretty much the opposite signals and tried to make moves on him haha. But.. guys are weird sometimes so I can be wrong too.. :D

• Carefully though. There is nothing "weird." The term is only used to identify the matters that cannot be explained.

• It means there scared to approach u directly

1|0
    0|0
    • What do you think would make someone scared to approach the other one directly?

(This keeps happening to me with guys and they pretty much make me do all the moves even though I know they're interested and looking for relationships and all, so I wonder what's it about..)

• Show All
    • A girl approached me, it first went well, than i overthought it and i pushed her away even tho i didn't even want too. But it got too close and i freaked out

• Hmm, interesting! Thanks. This dude I'm seeing is DEFINITELY trying to play it safe, like real safe! His backing off and change of behavior happened very quickly after a particular (very nice) date we had. It got me wondering if he lost interest or freaked out or something, but after he came running after me when he thought he had lost me with this sudden change, I figured he's just playing games. Which made me keep closer eye on how he behaves and now I'm 100% positive he's playing games. So I'm guessing he's pretty into me? :D

The last guy I was seeing did the same thing. I didn't really know why but figured out later he was just playing games. At time I thought he went back to his ex or something cause she was in the picture and he suddenly changed his behavior. So I backed off. It ended up not working between us because of this, which sucked cause I had really fallen for him hard. He's still kinda doing these indirect approaches even though he's with someone new.

Recommended myTakes